I switched from VerizonFios to Frontier, and after receiving notice from Frontier that their prices were going up, I took them up on an offer to use DirecTV as my tv provider (through Frontier).After a year long battle with billing discrepancies, balance always different by as much as 200 dollars, I finally cancelled Frontier, in turn thinking that I was also canceling DirecTV.

Unbeknownst to me, DirecTV charged me a 220 dollar cancellation fee! I am filing a complaint with the Indiana Attorney General's office. DirecTV has already been punished by the Attorney Gen's office for similar offenses and I guess they feel as though they can continue to operate in a shady and criminal manner.

After reading the comments on this site, I see that this is a standard way of operation for this crooked company.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

If DTV charged your credit card,you can dispute the charges.also,you should file complaints with the FTC and BBB. This is a standard way of practice for DTV,this is how they make their money,A very shady business

Ciel

Cancelling your Frontier service does not cancel your DirecTV account. Did you asked the Frontier CSR about it? What did the Frontier CSR told you about your DTV account?