When our city had experienced severe weather on July 15 our Directv dish was out of service, so we thought it would come back on the next day...whenever we have bad weather it goes out for an hour or so and comes back on.

On July 16 when our service still showed that the sattlelite was looking for a signal, we called Directv. We told customer service that our service was out and they said it would be July 21 until they could get anyone out to fix it. We were upset as this would be almost a week without service, so we were directed to the cancellation department to see how much it would cost to get out of the rest of our contract. I spoke with a gal by the name of Brenda. She said it would be $340 as our contract runs thru Nov 2009. She appologized and offered us $10/month credit for 6 months and they will credit us anytime we are out of service once our connection is up and running. We set up the service call for July 21 between noon and 4 pm and accepted the offer.

We received a call from Directv on Sunday July 20 to confirm that the service tech would be here on Monday July 21 between noon and 4 pm.

On July 21 at 7:30 am we received a call from Directv that they are unable to get our service started now until July 29th and gave us no reason. I called the cancellation department and spoke with Jennifer. She told us she could give us the offer that Brenda had given us plus $100 credit for our troubles. I told her I would call her back as this is my husband's decision.

All they have to do is go on our roof and move the sattlelite dish a few degrees for us to get service again. If my husband could do it, he would, but has a medical condition that won't allow him to do so. So we would be without service for 2 weeks total.

Also, with the storms, we had roof damage, and when we had roofers up there, when our dish was installed, the tech made 2 holes and did not seal them properly, so we had to pay for that service when our roof was repaired....

This is not the only complaint we have though-everytime the weather is bad our service goes out, so we have no idea what is going on with warnings/etc. On top of that, back in December when one of our receivers went out, a tech came and fixed it for free since it was under warranty, but then put us on a protection plan for $5.99/month without our knowledge. We did not catch this until March when we received a post card thanking us for our purchase. I called Directv about this as well as we were billed this amount for 3 1/2 months without signing up. The rep told me he could only credit me for one month as they would not allow him to go back further than that for credit purposes. But then we were charged a cancellation fee of $10 for cancelling the protection plan we never signed up for! When I called directv about this, they offered us showtime for 3 months free...

This company has billed us different amounts each month from day 1 and is very unreliable. We never get the same answer from anyone when we call and now we are scheduled for service call for July 29, but who's to say they won't call us that day and tell us they can't come out again!

We have not decided at this time whether or not to accept Jennifer's offer, and have 5 days to do so. I think we'll go back to our cable company...

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

It sounds to me like they were trying to be very accomodating to you. I think you need to get over it and accept the fact that no service is perfect. Good grief!

You people are pathetic, paranoid and are probably liberal Democrats that think everyone should get everything for nothing as well. For anyone that thinks that all businesses are out to get you I would encourage you to get professional help immediately before you kill again. While occasionally one of you may have been victim of an error or perhaps even an intentional act of deception for the most part most of you are simply clueless or qualify as perpetrators of fraud yourselves.

A company the size of DIRECTV has a legal department the size of a small Midwestern town that advises them on every policy and practice that they employ. Now I'm not saying that there are no instances of an individual that works for DIRECTV misleading a customer, intentionally or unintentionally. But as a corporate entity DIRECTV has everything to lose by setting policy and engaging in practices that are detrimental to its bottom line. The only way to avoid attrition is keep the customers you have happy so they will tell others.

DIRECTV has about 18 million customers and they continue to grow. Apparently most of those 18 million are pretty well satisfied because DIRECTV has been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for 9 years running. If they were p-i-s-s-i-n-g (Funny isn't it, that a website that is called Pissed Consumer won't let the word *** be used in posts. Pretty hypocritical.) off even 1% of their customers there would be about 180,000 people or so that should be posting on...

DIRECTV agents are trained for 2 weeks before they take a single call. Then they go through another 2 weeks of On-The-Job training under the watchful eye of trainers. And once they are allowed to take calls without extremely close supervision they are subject to frequent monitoring to ensure that they deliver a quality consumer experience. Every call an agent takes is recorded and archived. They are required to quote accurate pricing based on what they are told by the prospective customer. If the customer attempts or does provide inaccurate information in an attempt to get service or discounts they are not entitled to how does the DIRECTV or one of its agents have responsibility for inaccurate pricing or information that could result. Agents are required to inform all customers that they are leasing, not buying equipment and upon termination of services the equipment must be returned to DIRECTV or the credit or debit card that they provided when they became a DIRECTV customer would be charged for the cost of the equipment. Customers are told to review their 1st bill and the Customer Agreement that is included carefully and to keep both for their records. New customers are told the length of their agreement and if they break that agreement due to early cancellation then they are subject to early cancellation fees. Currently this is $20 per month left in the agreement term. It will be charged to the credit or debit card they provided when they set up service.

You see, when someone calls to sign up for DIRECTV some do not listen closely to what they are being told. It is my assessment that those who claim to have wronged are probably among those who wanted to rush through the sign-up process, argued with the agent about the length of the agreement, felt the cancellation fees were unfair or just ignored any information that the agent provided that didn't line up with their own personal perception of what they did or didn't have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. They think that to provide TV service as content rich as what DIRECTV provides is free, that DIRECTV gets 100% profit from every dollar they take in. Get a clue. Every business that exists today makes an investment and has an expense before any profit is made. DIRECTV is no different. Typically it takes DIRECTV at least 18 months to break even on a new customer. Let me repeat that for the really thick-headed among you. It typically takes 18 months for DIRECTV to break even on the installation and set-up of a new customer. No business exists to just break even and no business continues to exist if they don't make a profit. Since its establishment DIRECTV has continually improved its service, content and technology. No business in the television service provider industry has a record as good as DIRECTV.

Some people complain that satellite TV use to be free. Really? If I recall a satellite system with a dish the size of Rhode Island ran about $8000 or more. That is about 6 years of DIRECTV service with the Premier package that contains over 285 channels of the most popular programming content available. No other TV service provider has anything even close. Of course, one does not have to have a TV service provider. For those of you who think TV should be free as your God given right, you can put up an antenna and get reception of local channels if you can get a strong enough signal. But shut your pie hole and don't complain when there is nothing to watch on TV or there is 30 minutes of program content and 30 minutes of advertising to pay for “free” TV. Or maybe you can watch programming content provided on the Internet that is free. But my friends, that is not free either. You either at least have to have Internet service which is not free, you are a mooch who only gets WI-fi from places like Starbucks or McDonald's (God love ya) or you are stealing service from someone. Who is the unethical one now?

Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle? I doubt it. Simply put 80% of effects are derived by 20% of causes. It is also referred to as the 80-20 Rule. How does it have relevance to this monologue? 80% of the problems/complaints are generated by 20% of the customers a company has. These disgruntled people also increase the expense of doing business and guess who gets to cover the bill? The 80 percent who are relatively satisfied. Do me/us a favor, go kill yourselves now, before you cost me/us another penny. I/we will be eternally grateful.

Hollywood, California, United States #23624

They seem to not realize that 1 dissatisfied customer is only $1200/year lost income, yet 1000 = $1.2 million! Over the average life cycle of a client this equates to a total potential revenue loss of upwards to $24,000,000!!!

Send your complaints and issues to John at the "Office of the President" @ 1.888.237.8327.