-I have been a Directv customer since Sept.2011.

The representative who called me to establish my service explained to me that my package came with free HD for life, along with 3 months of free HBO, Cinemax, ect. When I fianlly got my bill, I was being charged $10.00 for HD access. It took 3 months for me to get my bill, so I had 3 months of HD access charges on the bill. I called Directv and explained that the charges on my bill were incorrect.

After an hour of being on the phone with the person from Directv, he finally said the only way to remove the charges was if I signed up for auto bill pay, I agreed only on the condtion that I be removed from that service after the charges were credited back to my account. The next month I was not charged a $10.00 HD access fee. The month after and to date, I am being charged once again. I have talked to 6 different people from Directv I have sent 6 emails to Directv and I keep getting told that Directv doesn't even offer free HD.

They did tell me that I could switch to a more expensive package and then I could get free HD. I have filed 2 complaints with the BBB, and filed a complaint with my state's attorney general.

Directv has the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with.I am very displeased to say the least.

Review about: Directv Deal.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I know what you all are talking about i called direct tv to disconnect because i was unable to pay for it due to my job cutting hours so these thieves went into my checking account and withdrew the money, they refused to give me the money back so I can pay my light bill, they took my money and I still do not have cable Tv and no money to pay my light bill and i have no tv, this is not right

I agree...Our bill is over $100 a month.

We just moved and it costed $108 additionally before they'd even come out and it took a week. The credit they promised of $26/month is a lie.

They're technical support person I spoke with just a few days ago was the rudest I've ever experienced anywhere!And they expect people to continue to pay for this???

I also called because we were moving.The lady told me that I had to pay $800.00 for them to come out and set up a new dish.

I told her she was crazy, I only paid $33.61 for my installation when I first got service. They make it sound like it's free if you ever move, they don't tell you that you have to have service for one year first, and even then it does not say anywhere in any of their terms and agreements that there will be a charge.

I wish that I would never had gotten locked in a two year contract.I hate Directv.

:( I know exactly what you are talking about!I have been dealing with this very same issue for over a year!

I just moved a few weeks ago and when I called to get my service changed they said it would cost 300.00 I told her I would not pay that much to have it moved because they had already told me 2 weeks before that it would cost 50.00 for the first move and 150.00 every move after that! the woman told me if I could wait for a few weeks I will have been with them for a year and the move would be free! I told her I would do that then and I called a few days ago and they said well it is still going to cost 19.99 I told her 19.99 is not free and I would not pay that!

I don't care if it is 1.99 I am not paying it after they said it would be free!I canceled my protection plan for 5.99 a month then changed to a smaller package and canceled my auto pay just because they NEVER do what they say!