2.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user May 31

They guaranteed a 2 year price. I never got that price ONCE. After 8 months they want me to pay to cancel???

Original review posted by user May 30

This past August, 2016, in heated exasperation over the fees that we are promised never remaining at the promised rate, we called to cancel.The man in the Retention department said how sorry he was for our trouble, talked my husband into transferring our Direct TV account to our 2nd home.

He said they had an amazing “moving” offer they had of only $14 a month, which he would GUARANTEE for 2 years. I got on the phone to confirm this would be our GUARANTEED rate for 2 full years. We have NEVER had this amount charged to our card. When I called a few days ago, I was told this rate was impossible even though they could see in our records we were promised that rate.

I said I was going to cancel, since I was never given the promised rate. Direct TV told me I had to pay a cancellation fee. I told them that of course the conversation would have been taped, and to go listen to it. They refused.

Direct TV breached our agreement, and they want a cancellation fee? I see all over the internet they do this to everyone.

The old bait and switch.Misrepresenting their contract.

Review about: Directv Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Misrepresentation of costs.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1334208

Naturally, do not pay any cancellation fee.Never pay something you don't owe.

Now you can see how dangerous it can be to allow someone to automatically charge your credit---or worse---debit card.Any "hit" on your credit score for not paying their cancellation fee would be minimal.