This is my story:
DirecTV promised they will refund me the $175 through their Visa Reward promotion, if I disconnect my Dish Network service. Sure enough, I called Dish Networks, disconnected Service (their customer service start threatening me with $175 early termination fee (I didn’t care about this much, but the guy tried to make it a huge deal)), and had DirecTV install their toys in my house. 5-6 months have passed, and I haven’t received the prepaid visa card till now (12/26/2013).
This is the story of the 5-6 months waste of stamps, gas to go to the USPS, energy, time and printer ink:
1. I sent 1st rebate mail to
DIRECTV Winback Early
Cancellation Fee Offer
PO Box 753725
El Paso, TX 88575-3725
2. I Got notification from DirecTV to say the initial rebate mail doesn't include Dish Network bill statement to say ECF (very basic paper to say this); the statement was sent, but they lost it probably?
3. I Called Dish - they sent me the bill statement;
4. I sent a 2nd rebate mail to include early termination fee of $175;
5. I Got 2nd notification from DirecTV to say the initial rebate mail doesn't include Dish Network bill statement to say ECF;
6. I Called Dish again and after speaking with 5 representatives, they managed to e-mail me the last 6 months bill statements; Printed them out, put the rebate form again, and sent it over to DirecTV; I also Called DirecTV before sending the docs – spoke with 2 reps (to include a manager/supervisor); they said that the statement (which I read them over the phone) is fine;
7. Sent 3rd rebate mail with statement that included the Early Termination Fee of $175;
8. Yet again, I got notification to say the initial rebate mail doesn't include Dish Network bill statement to say ECF;
9. I submitted my objection online through DirecTV; Spoke with Ismael P (ID U5632) DIRECTV Resolution Specialist who was quick to ask me to resend the form to the same address, telling me that I have to do this again, as if I haven’t done that 3 times already. Hard to believe that. He even sent ma an e-mail with instructions on how to submit my rebate form. Unbelievable, again. I told the guy I’m a Computer Science Engineer – MBA in IT Management, not an *** not to be able to follow their basic instructions through.
10. Resolution specialist sent me over to Cancellation department, after I insisted I’m done with doing business with them due to their bad business practices and principles.
11. Cancellation department wants to take their lovely 7-10 business days to get back to me with a solution. No thank you; I waited 5-6 months; I can’t afford wasting another 10 days of my life waiting for their non-existent prepaid visa card of $175!
My wallet has an indentation of $515 to include $175 from Dish Network termination fee, and $340 early cancellation fee from DirecTV. Way to go, DirecTV.
Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Reward Card.
Monetary Loss: $515.