I have had Directv for at least the past 10 years, this past year i decided to upgrade my equipment from the outdated receivers to the DVR package.Customer service stated that due to the fact that i had the old out dated equipment i could upgrade to the DVR package free and my bill would only increase 15.00 a month, so i figured 80.00 a month to 95.00 a month no big deal.

Now considering i had a channel package that was no longer available but had been locked in due to original contract from 2005 upon equipment upgrade they started a new 2 year contract, i lost a bunch of channels i had with the old contract and would need to upgrade to a higher costing package to get them back, my bill increased well over the 15.00 a month i was quoted, my average bill is 130.00 a month and then i noticed that my data usage for the month on my satellite internet increased dramatically after checking into that i realized that upon ordering pay per view movies from directv cinema the movies are streaming from my internet. Why the H-LL should i pay directv to watch what they are using my internet to stream so now watching pay per view is a thing of the past as one movie will consume 1/4 of a months allowed data. And if the data usage wasnt enough when my bill for Jan 17 came in i noticed that there were charges for PPV movies from back in SEP 16 and charges for 2 PPV movies i had never rented but had clicked on to read the info about the movie.

customer service claimed that they had charged for the movies 4 months later because when my old recievers were turned in the data from the cards were read and they were charging for what i had watched, i told them i had already paid for those movies and was told if i had an old bill showing that they would credit my acct but without that i was responsible for payment, so in short i payed for 6 PPV movies, 4 that i watched in AUG/SEP of 16 and 2 that i never purchased but had clicked on the channel to read the info.Directv sucks, they lie and steal your money!

Review about: Directv Dvr Tv Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being lied to and misled.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments