2.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Oct 30, 2016

After going to on-line forums, it's apparent that many, many DTV customers have this same problem and not a small issue.

I also received a written notice by USPS from DTV that my Internet connection was not active with instructions (which were the same steps I tried during the call with customer service). DTV is absoloutely no help, their customer service is Deplorable, and their business practice is questionable.

Original review posted by user Oct 29, 2016

We are long time DirectTV customers (20 + years) We have a problem where our DTV receiver will not connect with our WI-FI router. We called customer support (twice). They had me try all of the exact same steps I tried on my own. They finally gave up and said they would need to schedule a service tech to come and look at the problem.

Then they said that the service call would cost me $45.00.

My issue is that this is "their equipment" not mine. I am leasing it from them for $144.00/month. If it's baseball season, our monthly fee goes up to $173.00.

So, to charge me $45.00 to come to repair and/or replace their equipment is very poor customer service. It's not the money, it's the principal. 20 years as a loyal customer at an average of $150.00 month, you do the math.

If I had purchased the equipment outright, a service fee would be acceptable.

My phone and internet service is with COX. I'm sure that they would love to bundle my services.

Bill and Cheryl Robey

North Las Vegas

user71366270 wrote the review because of pricing issue at Directv. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Directv to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Directv and directv receiver repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments