Not resolved
Advertised vs Delivered
Billing Practices
Coverage Area
Customer service
Discounts and Special Offers
Diversity of Products or Services
Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy
Price Affordability
Product or Service Quality
Style and Design
Value for money

My ex had an account with Directv & I would periodically pay the service from my debit card. I was never added on the service contract directly, but was an authorized user at one point.

When me and my ex split, he took his service when he moved out. He didn't take care of the account & it was closed. Directv took it upon themselves to debit $626 from my checking account for his contract - even though I'm not legally financially responsible for the contract. They are now refusing to refund me and told me there's nothing that can be done.

Looks like I'll be opening up fradulent claims with my bank & filing a complaint with my state's attorney general for fradulent business practices.

A complaint with BBB has already been completed. BEWARE of Directv!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Do You Have Something To Say ?

Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment

If your card was the vaild card on file its not fraud. Whenever a customer service reps goes through disclosures before disconnecting it does state "any outstanding fees such as early cancellation fees, non return fees or un billed ppv will attempt to be billed to your vaild debit or credit card on file".

Even though the contract isn't under your name if your card is on file all charges will attempt to be billed to any card on file. I think you should probably discuss it with your ex since he's the one who is responsible for the charges.


Ugh. Lousy.

But unless I see the contract , especially the part about "authorized user", I can't say for sure if you have any recourse against the company.

Of course, by the time you hire a lawyer to review the contract and file in court - there goes most of that $600 + even if you win.

Also, what did your divorce decree specify regarding division of obligation ? Were you legally divorced when ex absconded with the goods ? Unless he's indigent or you judge it not worth the effort small claims may be a recourse.

But remember that a judgment entry and collection are two different critters requiring ongoing hassle for you.

Sorry, it sounds ugly and might just be worth moving on and chalking up to experience.

You May Also Like