Billings, Montana
2K views

DIRECTV GAVE ME THE NFL TICKET FOR FREE WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME THEY CHARGED ME FOR 6 MONTHS AT $35/MONTH.

WHEN I CALLED TO INQUIRE THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO CALL IN BY A CERTAIN DAY OR I WAS AUTO RENEWED FOR 6 MONTHS AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT BUT PAY FOR SOMETHING I DON'T EVEN WATCH. THEY SAID AN EMAIL WAS SENT OUT TO WARN ME, BUT THEY FLOOD MY EMAIL WITH SPAM REGULARLY SO IF THEY DID I LIKELY DELETED IT. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LADY AGREED THAT THE REASON THEY DO THIS IS IN HOPES THAT PEOPLE ARE TOO BUSY TO CALL AND CANCEL.

THE WHOLE PROBLEM IS I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT I HAD TO DO THIS, OR I WOULD HAVE REFUSED IT AT THAT TIME. I DON'T WATCH FOOTBALL.

Reason of review: AUTO RENEWAL SCAM.

Directv Cons: Customer service.

Comments

Beware....Direct Tv is just waiting to rip you off....

Just watch football, best sport ever. Oh and pay attention next time to any introductory offer you signbup for. Common sense.

@Anonymous

You're a *** bag. They did the same thing to me however I look at my bills and saw they were trying to take the first of six payments of 46.99.

I called them and said, "so let me get this straight, You automatically enrolled me in something that was free and I was unaware of the first year then without notification you try and renew and clip me for 281.94?" She was silent for about ten seconds and responded, "yes".

We have continual problems with direct TV. Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. At first she tried to just cancel the NFL package so they would still get at least one payment of 46.99 and I said no I'm not sending you a payment until the bill is corrected. She took payment off.

I called the next day to get the new/correct balance to mail in and it was like speaking to a six year old. She literally could not understand what I was trying to say. She's going on and on about a credit to my account and I'm like you aren't understanding me. I'm not making the first NFL payment so there shouldn't be a credit at all.

She didn't understand me. ***! I was lucky to catch it at the start. Gotta look at your bills people as more and more companies are auto enrolling you in programs and services which you may not even be aware of.

Discussed with the wife and when the next problem arises we are switching back to cable. Not a fan of satellite service.

We live in WA out in the woods and thought direct tv would be good as our power goes out a lot and when the Genny kicks on direct tv still works where cable will not. But it's not worth the hassle anymore.

Had installers come today,bad rainy they looked around for about 3 minutes said we had nowhere on two acres to put a dish except outside our fence. We have dish network have had since 1998 .

They offered no other options and left within 10 minutes. Not personable helpful or energetic, just wanted to leave. When I talked to customer service they were like oh well.

Worst customer service I've seen in a long time. Glad after reading customer remarks didn't get there mess

They also post it on your bill that it will renew

This is just one of their many scams they pull on their customers. The biggest problem often involves customers allowing DTV to have access to their bank or credit cards. Another is customers having auto-pay and DTV taking advantage of this