Long-time customer (14+ years), pains me to see what happened to this once great company since ATT took over.Called them 6 months ago to switch to a lower plan, wasn't worth the $175/month I was paying and told them I needed it to be closer to $65.

No problem, they made the changes...but then I find out that was only a 6-month promotion, bill jumped by 70% at month 7. When I called to see what they could do, basic response was, "Thanks for your 14 years of service...but no, sorry, no more discounts for you". When I went ahead and canceled, they told me I would have to pay an extra $80 for 'early termination". What??

I've been a customer since 2004, there's no contract. "Oh, but there is, when you switched to the lower plan, you agreed to a new 1-year contract". No I did not, where's the copy of my signed contract? Doesn't matter they don't have what doesn't exist, still charging me.

Disgusting. Nice customer service.

I'm sure some people who left them have eventually returned.By charging me an $80 exit fee, they have guaranteed I won't be one of those people coming back.

Review about: Directv Satellite Tv Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Good reception, It was good until you got shady.

I didn't like: Nickle and dime charges, Poor customer service, Tv package.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments