Directv says that I established a two-year contract with them when I "bought" my HD DVR at Best Buy.I never signed or agreed to any contract with Directv and had been a customer since 2004.

I told them that I would not be paying the $100 early cancellation fee and that they would have to sue me for it. Directv is trying to scam their customers who are trying to discontinue their service. I had a choice, either keep Directv to avoid the $100 "early termination fee" or continue to pay their exorbitant rates for cable. I chose to fight.

They have sent my bill to collections and are threatening to inform the credit bureaus of my "delinquencies". I have sent them a letter informing them that I dispute the charges and will be sending a letter to the credit bureaus as well.

Don't take this lying down.I am fortunate that the information regarding my credit card was out dated and they couldn't pull the money directly out of my account.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

North Granby, Connecticut, United States #172642

My point ROB is that Directv has no way of proving that I committed to a two-year contract. They contacted me this week via the Better Business Bureau and said they couldn't prove that I had a contract with them and that they would be dropping all efforts to collect the $100 early termination fee. I refused to lay down and take it from Directv, i fought back and so should anyone being charged erroneous fees.

You're lucky - to get out of my 2-year contract it will be $300!

Got news for ya.....That paperwork you signed when checking out at Best Buy did commit you to a 2 year deal.....This has been the deal for a LONG time.