Falls Church, Virginia

Ashok Patel, DirecTV account no. 53624724, phone: 703-621-81xx

I contacted DirecTV customer service (on 12/11/20015 since my 24 month agreement was to expire on 01/10/2016) to avoid renewal or continuation of my current 24 month agreement (for Select package with HD receiver). DirecTV customer service representative offered me a Preferred Extra package with a deep discount and a standard definition receiver for a monthly price of $25 plus taxes with month to month service (i.e. with NO commitment of 12 months or 24 months). I agreed with the representative for the preferred extra package for the monthly price of $25 plus tax with NO annual commitment.

However, today (12/28/2015), I received a letter from DirecTV (dated 12/22/2015) stating that: “We are delighted you have accepted our offer to receive a $30 credit for 12 consecutive months.” The letter further stated that “This offer requires you to maintain 12 consecutive months of any direcTV base programming package. The letter further states that “Please note that should you decide to cancel your agreement early you will be responsible for a prorated Early Cancellation Fee of up to $180”.

During the conversation with the representative, the representative explicitly agreed with me and offered me the preferred package for $25 plus tax with NO annual or 24 months commitment. The representative explicitly mentioned that the $25 plus tax price will be for month to month service and I can cancel the service at any time.

Now, I do not understand why the letter does not reflect our conversation on 12/11/2015. And why the letter mentions 12 months commitment. I just contacted today DirecTV and another representative mentioned to me that I am on a plan that cost me $70.99 plus tax for the Preferred Extra package.

What??????

My first question is that is this how DirecTV operates? Say something over the phone to a customer and does something in reality…….

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Directv Cons: Commitment of 24 months.

Comments

from mn I was told the same thing and they tried to charge me 243 for cancling early and I sent them a check for 85 is what I owed and no more and will not pay any more period let them send me to colections I don't care and if I can prove them committing fraudulent charges I will turn around and sew them to the cross never give them access to your credit card big mistake