My husband (Ryan) and I have been wanting internet and cable service for a while now, and we decided to try DirecTV. Ryan was on the phone with them for two hours this morning and we got nowhere. Here is what ensued:

He called them this morning and spoke with a helpful representative who quoted him $54.98 for the first year for an internet/cable package. Since this service requires a two-year contract, he asked what the cost for the second year would be. She could not tell him. She finally told him that he needed to pay for the cable service first, then she would transfer him to the bundling department where we could get internet and be quoted a price for the second year.

When he was transferred to the bundling dept (after he had approved of the charge for the cable service), the representative told him that he couldn't quote him a price for the second year and changed the price for the first year to $60. Ryan told him that he would be canceling the service because no one could give him accurate prices.

Five minutes later, Ryan called DirecTV to cancel the installation. As soon as he said he wanted to cancel, the phone went dead. He tried again with the cell phone and we determined we had bad reception. We called from a land line and after four more times of telling them we wanted to cancel and being hung up on each time, we recorded the final call we made and told them we would get a lawyer if they refused to cancel or hung up on us again. After over two hours on the phone, I am happy to say I will never have to deal with them again as we got it canceled. NEVER get DirecTV.

Review about: Directv Service Transfer.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments