Thank you for filing your complaint. As you requested, below is a copy of your complaint.
Within the next business day, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the complaint. That acknowledgment will also give you information on how you can track the status of your complaint through our website.
Mr. Brian Alley
Pittsburgh, PA XXXXXXX
2230 East Imperial Highway
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (800) 531-5000
On May 17th I canceled my account. Gave them my new address in which to send my final bill and a box in which to return my equipment. They did send the final bill, however I have been waiting for the box since then. On the 28th of June I get a call from DirecTV stating that my account is overdue. I return their phone call and find out that they sent the box to the wrong address. They are apolitical stating they sent it to the wrong address and that they will send me another box to the correct address. They also state once they receive their box, my account will be brought to a $0 balance. Today I get charged for the box $267.50, because of their mistake. I call them and they admit their mistake and that there is nothing to do about the charges. I spoke to 4 people and still no refund. Don't trust them, don't give them your business. They are crooks that are trying to bleed their customers dry. I believe the box was sent to the wrong address intentionally and this is how they "reward" you for canceling your service.
Resolution Sought: I wish my account to be refunded the $267.50 that I was charged
Date Problem Started: 5/17/2012
Date of Transaction: 6/30/2012
Amount in Dispute: $267.50
Complaint Type: Billing or Collection Issues
Product or Service:
If you have any questions regarding your complaint, please contact the Complaint Dept. at (909) 825-7280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBB of the Southland, Inc.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Directv Reciever Charge
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I wrote to them about the increase in my rate during my contract time, and was told that a $20 per month charge would be applied for every month that..."
- "So pissed at Direct TV. We weren't paying attention to where the guy was installing the dish (which is 4' wide). He placed it right in front of the kitchen..."
- "After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months..."
- "I took my 9 year old Morkie to our regular vet for a routine check up only to find an abnormality in his stomach. They took an x-ray which showed..."
- "IF your Director did in fact "Cancel your Account" are you claiming without knowledge ? Maybe you should seek legal representation, that isn't allowed at any level of sales..."
- "I purchased the aerospeed bx100 box fan May 17, 2012. On May 18,2012 ( less than 24 hrs. after using this fan) My mobile home was destroyed by fire...."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."