DirecTV SUX!!!

Don't use DirecTV:

On May 17th I canceled my account. Gave them my new address in which to send my final bill and a box in which to return my equipment. They did send the final bill, however I have been waiting for the box since then. On the 28th of June I get a call from DirecTV stating that my account is overdue. I return their phone call and find out that they sent the box to the wrong address. They are apolitical stating they sent it to the wrong address and that they will send me another box to the correct address. They also state once they receive their box, my account will be brought to a $0 balance. June 30th, I get charged for the box $267.50, because of their mistake. I call them and they admit their mistake and that there is nothing to do about the charges. I spoke to 4 people and still no refund. Don't trust them, don't give them your business. They are crooks that are trying to bleed their customers dry. I believe the box was sent to the wrong address intentionally and this is how they "reward" you for canceling your service.

Update:

On Friday July 13th, 2012, I called DirecTV to get the tracking number for the Reciever I had sent back. They gave me a number but it was for the tracking of the box they sent to send it back in, not the return tracking number of the receiver I had sent. I, of course, tracked this number to verify what I already knew, I had received the box to send it back in. This made me irritated, and I called back to get the correct tracking #. The lady on the line stated that they had received the HD box, and that I could expect the money in my account in 72hrs. So I waited.... Sunday, still no refund so I called back. The person on the phone stated that it may take up to 3-5 business days to see it in my bank account. I accepted that as fact but wasn't holding my breath. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt yesterday. However I get home tonight and there is a statement from them saying that the refund had been placed. I called my bank to confirm that this was so. Nope, called DirectTV back and the guy on the line stated that they hadn't received the HD receiver yet, and that is why I haven't seen the refund. Staying calm, I told him everything in this update so far..... Now they are going to release that money.... and it should post in the next 24-48 hours(not that I believe him)

Moral of the Story:

NEVER GIVE DIRECTV YOUR BANK INFORMATION AND NEVER SIGN UP FOR AUTOBILL PAY WITH THEM. NEVER AUTHORIZE TRANSACTIONS TO ANY BANK ACCOUNT

(or if you do change your bank information IMMEDIATELY after you cancel your DirectTV service!!!!)

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments