Taylor, Texas
Featured Not resolved

I have had nothing but one problem after another since ATT bought them. Their bills are unpredictable. Need to leave auto-pay to get a hold of what they are doing to my services and billing which is now up to a whopping $150 per month.

Then, there's the lack of proper tech support. They love to refer you to the FAQs which I have been through over and over. I have reset my receiver more times than I can count.

Then, there's the scheduling of service calls - today, I am awaiting a technician. I can't alter the time without the call being pushed out to AUGUST FIRST -- this would make it SIX WEEKS since I have been able to access common channels like TNT, AMC, Travel, Velocity, Ovation and so many more that I cannot list them. Below are just a sampling of the lack of signal message that I am getting on so many channels that I lack for any decent form of entertainment.

Billing - I never know what it will be. I am turning AUTO-pay off to prevent DIRECTV from jacking around with my services and bill. DIRECTV is the WORST in the industry.

I would love to be able to be happy with DIRECTV again, but with ATT's acquisition, the quality of service, technical support and customer service have all decreased. I will continue to spread the word on how bad it has gotten.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Directv Tv Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Katrinamarie

I whole heartedly agree, since at&t bought directv, our bill, my parents and neighbors have increased in cost exponentially.We used to call customer retention and they were always so helpful.

.. not anymore, all they were willing to do was give free hbo... we don't want hbo or we would have already had it! our bill went from $90 a month to almost $180 a month.

.. we canceled today and will NEVER be back. Try sling tv or ps vue and even a roku or amazon fire with netflix and maybe hulu... WAYYYY cheaper and gives you everything you need.

At&t will quickly be running themselves out of business. There are too many other options to pay for a service that does not care one way or the other about their customers! Also, since at&t took over, their customer service is lacking and leaves their customers feeling cheated and unheard. After my research on alternative selections I've informed everyone i could think of that has directv, and so far, my bad experience and knowledge of other options will soon be costing them about 5 loyal customers.

and the list will keep going, I will inform everyone of how much money and what a headache they will save!:-)

Oregon City, Oregon, United States #1280940

"I totally agree.

They used to have A+ customer service.

Now I end up in phone with a broken Indian accent (dot not feather) walking me through a script of common sense troubleshooting. I'll just give my money to Comcast if they want to be exactly like them. At least Comcast offers internet too.

Shame! Directv was one of the last solid customer services out there.

ATT ruined that."

I had the same exact experience and did the exact same thing, went to Comcast and saved money and was given the secret sauce to talk to on-shore customer service

gjbl
Lady Lake, Florida, United States #1211072

I totally agree with you and your comments.What a shame for Direct TV to have been so careless to give away its well cared for subscribership to such a deplorable organization as is ATT.

I did not realize the extent of serious administrative, technical and billing issues until my recent experience a few days ago.

I have been a loyal Direct TV subscriber for nine years, had nothing but praise for their service but that is no longer the case since ATT acquired the business. I will be taking my business elsewhere. And, for those of you who will also feel the change in ownership (if you haven't already) should strongly consider sending new management of Direct TV a strong message by leaving.

Those of you who are contemplating switching from your current service to ATT should be warned NOT TO DO IT!!!ATT sucks......

Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States #1194796

I totally agree.

They used to have A+ customer service.

Shame!

Directv was one of the last solid customer services out there.ATT ruined that.

El Paso, Texas, United States #1188124

OMG!!I agree with you on the billing!

They are very unpredictable. I go online and pay the amount due and later they add another amount that they validate for some reason. Right now I'm fighting with over a $550 bill that I don't agree on. And they bundled my At&t internet, Cell phone service(which is under my girlfriends name and her own address) and Direct T.V.

without my consent.

But the billing thing is a concern because online it tells you one amount then you pay it and then get charged a remaining balance.