I have had nothing but one problem after another since ATT bought them. Their bills are unpredictable. Need to leave auto-pay to get a hold of what they are doing to my services and billing which is now up to a whopping $150 per month.

Then, there's the lack of proper tech support. They love to refer you to the FAQs which I have been through over and over. I have reset my receiver more times than I can count.

Then, there's the scheduling of service calls - today, I am awaiting a technician. I can't alter the time without the call being pushed out to AUGUST FIRST -- this would make it SIX WEEKS since I have been able to access common channels like TNT, AMC, Travel, Velocity, Ovation and so many more that I cannot list them. Below are just a sampling of the lack of signal message that I am getting on so many channels that I lack for any decent form of entertainment.

Billing - I never know what it will be. I am turning AUTO-pay off to prevent DIRECTV from jacking around with my services and bill. DIRECTV is the WORST in the industry.

I would love to be able to be happy with DIRECTV again, but with ATT's acquisition, the quality of service, technical support and customer service have all decreased. I will continue to spread the word on how bad it has gotten.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 11 #1211072 Lady Lake, Florida

I totally agree with you and your comments. What a shame for Direct TV to have been so careless to give away its well cared for subscribership to such a deplorable organization as is ATT. I did not realize the extent of serious administrative, technical and billing issues until my recent experience a few days ago.
I have been a loyal Direct TV subscriber for nine years, had nothing but praise for their service but that is no longer the case since ATT acquired the business. I will be taking my business elsewhere. And, for those of you who will also feel the change in ownership (if you haven't already) should strongly consider sending new management of Direct TV a strong message by leaving. Those of you who are contemplating switching from your current service to ATT should be warned NOT TO DO IT!!! ATT sucks......

Aug 04 #1194796 Greenfield, Massachusetts

I totally agree.
They used to have A+ customer service. Now I end up in phone with a broken Indian accent (dot not feather) walking me through a script of common sense troubleshooting. I'll just give my money to Comcast if they want to be exactly like them. At least Comcast offers internet too.
Shame! Directv was one of the last solid customer services out there. ATT ruined that.

Jul 21 #1188124 El Paso, Texas

OMG!! I agree with you on the billing! They are very unpredictable. I go online and pay the amount due and later they add another amount that they validate for some reason. Right now I'm fighting with over a $550 bill that I don't agree on. And they bundled my At&t internet, Cell phone service(which is under my girlfriends name and her own address) and Direct T.V. without my consent. But the billing thing is a concern because online it tells you one amount then you pay it and then get charged a remaining balance.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Directv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about