Taylor, Texas
4.1K views
Featured Not resolved

I have had nothing but one problem after another since ATT bought them. Their bills are unpredictable. Need to leave auto-pay to get a hold of what they are doing to my services and billing which is now up to a whopping $150 per month.

Then, there's the lack of proper tech support. They love to refer you to the FAQs which I have been through over and over. I have reset my receiver more times than I can count.

Then, there's the scheduling of service calls - today, I am awaiting a technician. I can't alter the time without the call being pushed out to AUGUST FIRST -- this would make it SIX WEEKS since I have been able to access common channels like TNT, AMC, Travel, Velocity, Ovation and so many more that I cannot list them. Below are just a sampling of the lack of signal message that I am getting on so many channels that I lack for any decent form of entertainment.

Billing - I never know what it will be. I am turning AUTO-pay off to prevent DIRECTV from jacking around with my services and bill. DIRECTV is the WORST in the industry.

I would love to be able to be happy with DIRECTV again, but with ATT's acquisition, the quality of service, technical support and customer service have all decreased. I will continue to spread the word on how bad it has gotten.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I have to agree that directv isn't the same since ATT bought them. My bill just went from $55 to $97...

The customer service reps on the phone, don't have the authority they once did. They used to be able to jump through hoops to make the customer happy. A lot of customer service has been outsourced, and you can't understand what they are saying, and they aren't knowledgeable anymore. ATT took a great company, with great customer service and killed it.

It says something when I now trust Comcast more.

This time, they would not budge on the price, so I cancelled. I was with them for over 15 years.

DTV/ATT charges increase and broadcast quality decreases. Check out the SF - Minnesota broadcast.

I have been a customer for 12 years and I just called Support for technical issues. Nice to see they have outsourced their support to another country where they read off a script and cannot communicate properly.

We pay extra for a protection plan and instead of trying to help solve our problem they first tried to upsell us a more expensive plan. Then when we needed a tec to come to our house we were told we’d have to wait 5 days. Pretty much ready to cancel our service.

After being a customer for so long, I know how poorly the service has declined since they were bought by AT&T. Very frustrating and dissappointing!

I had DTV years ago and did not have one issue in 2 years! We signed up with it again to save money with our phone etc.

It is a complete joke of a tv service. It shuts off for no reason, shows on demand are full of commercials U cant FF thru, I havevtovre-boot every other effin day and the list goes on.

Jaine

Its just a matter of time before Directv goes dark do to no and I mean no customer service It is an abomination and the customer service is non=existent and unavaliable most of the time.

i have the same issues. service goes down with so much a drizzle , calling in you get a major run around just to get a person, their own service tech states i have a transponder going bad some one will call within 72 hours to set up a repair date, that never happens, call again same run around , end is every tiny rain i have a wet transponder and no tv only error code 771, that plus 150 bucks a month for what?

Nehal

Had to disconnect my Dad's Direct TV service and changed to Dish network. Tried for a week to get direct to repair the service and no luck.

Saved $100 a month changing to Dish.

I have been with Dish for years and also changed from Direct TV due to better rates and service. Saved money and get service if your system is down go to Dish !

Was a DirecTV customer since 2003. Used to love it.

Ever since AT&T took over nothing but troubles. Bill went up more than $100 in two months. Cancelled account. Made the mistake of speaking with "win-back" got sold a pack of lies.

Cancelled service again the same day I re-signed with them. Now they took $385 out of my checking account charging me for the "free" Sunday Ticket. After 4 calls finally had a supervisor say they will refund my money---IN 30 DAYS!!!!!!

Changed to Hulu + Live and get better service for 1/3 the money!!! DirecTV can kiss my *SS!!!!!

Been there since 2005 and now leaving. Trying to settle my last bill with Customer Service and over an hour later, maybe reached someone in the states who can actually correct it.

Fingers crossed!

Small wonder I'm leaving there. AT&T blew up a perfectly good company!

Streaming so {{Redacted}} ..if I try to go forward it freezes and won’t play anything at all. Then if it DOES start, no sound..meanwhile, prices continue to rise. *** att

#1751901

Have been with DTV since 92 and att has totally messed up the whole customer service and billing. Hate to go to dish but seriously considering

Couldn’t agree more!!!

Directv is the worst!

Junnie

Dropped my receivers off at the UPS store today. So glad I'm done!

16 years with DirecTV and I'm done paying $135 per month for noting!

no movie channels! I hope the company folds.

After 2 years, bill about doubled as introductory offers expired. Lowest cost Selected package is a joke.

Get anything at all and expect to pay > $150/month. Good luck figuring real package cost after 2 years service.

Too bad I have no options living in a rural area or I'd be gone. Already had changed from Dish due to poor reception.

I've called 4 TIMES! in 3 months about our ON DEMAND not working...

I've gotten a different run-around each time.. resetting this button, turning this button off blah blah blah. Sometimes I can understand the person on the phone other times it's guesswork. I hate this company sooo much my wife is the one who switched over.

WE STIILL PAY FOR ON DEMAND BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! If I call today I'll get some ignoramus who says they are "sorry" over and over... and guess what? I'll still get the same "SORRY!

we have no programs at this time that match the filter you selected" when I click on on Demand!!?! Direct TV S**$s!

AT&T ruined DTV, which was awesome before... AT&T has always been a power mongering monopoly!

#1751903
@Anonymous

You are 100 per cent correct. Have been customer 4 17 years.

Fleming
@Anonymous

I just left after being with DTV since 2005. I'm trying Hulu live TV and so far LOVE it!

Try the 30 days free and you'll never go back to DTV again. Absolutely agree about AT&T ruining it.

I too am a pissed off DirecTV customer who's been up sold and promised everything but nothing ever happens. I found a new cheaper alternative to DirecTV. It's also a satellite service that is new and it is called Orby TV no credit checks no costly monthly bills no contracts.

Directv Reviews