I cancelled my service with Directv.I got a bill for the cancellation fees and equipment costs of $1079.60.

It says the due date is 9/22/10. They sent FedEx boxes to send back the equipment. So, last week, on Wed., 9/08/10, I mailed back the equipment. Today, 9/11/10, they deducted $648.00 from my checking account, which they had on file from previous payments, without notice or warning.

I called and was "disconnected" 3 times. On the fourth attempt, the supervisor says that according to the fine print on the back of my monthly statements, they have the right to deduct any money owed to them at any time without warning. I asked, "why put a due date on the final bill and shipping directions?" He said that due date didn't matter because of the previously mentioned fine print. He says it will take up to 20 days to refund the money they took when they receive the equipment I mailed last week.

In the meantime, I don't have money for gas or groceries, have overdraft fees to pay due to this unexpected deduction, and my family will suffer greatly because of their lack of notification of their intentions.

I have a due date in writing, but apparently that doesn't matter.Just because they "can" do this because of some fine print doesn't mean they should.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

#190249

You are lucky with the return time if you were told 20 days. I was told when I emailed them (3 different people) & finally got the "customer service resolution specialist" that it would take 6-10 weeks to get my check for $171.38. I have complained to everyone that would listen there for countless hours, but to no avail.

Has ANYONE gotten a refund check baCK FROM AN OVERPAYMENT THAT THEY TOOK & HOW LONG DID IT TAKE?

THANKS A TON?