2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Every time I call DTV support I get a vastly different answer to the same questions...I've heard- No you can't do that then the next person says--Oh sure you can--Who told you that you can't?

What you need is another visit from a technician to install another device and you will be fine---the onsite technician will and has said of course...Who told you to do that? What you need is a blah-blah or you can't do what you need to do--Oh sure it will do that--at end of tech visit when it doesn't work they say (more that twice) to call tech support and they will walk you through the set-up and it will do exactly what you need...then of course tech support says either "You can't do that," or hold on and let me talk to someone about that--5 minutes later---"try this!" which of course doesn't work. Then they ask basic questions about equipment I have in service which never matches their records--change that and "of course" that was the problem Just wait 30 minutes sir for for the computer to catch up and it will work." Nope..doesn't work...I kept asking if they could elevate my problem to another level of tech support like DTV had before AT&T and they say their is no higher level-- they are it. I finally said they had 10 minutes to come up with an answer or they could cancel my account---then I got to talk to a customer retention specialist who did a therapy session with me that felt like I was being treated for PTSD (no insult to my brothers and sisters in the military intended here.

Just that I have had training on how to work with Vets with PTSD and I recognized some of the techniques). So, I felt a little better about DTV and my life in general when that was over but of course my DTV still won't do what it is supposed to do....I tried another time and finally got someone who said that they could forward my case to 'engineering' and they would be able to figure it out in 4 or 5 business days..Sounded to me like I had finally made it to the promised land of engineering who could finally help me.....Kept trying my system and things didn't work. After 5 business days called back and guess what? Who told you there is an engineering level to escalate problems to??

Now I'm doing breathing exercises to maintain my cool....and really, really this is the best yet... Sir, whoever told you that, does not know what they are talking about..What is really going on is a system wide problem with the new software that replaced GenieGo and no one can do what you are trying to do right now....Of course I say,"How long ?" The answer is chilling---"No one knows." Are you freekin kidding me! A month and at least 30 hours of my time wasted just listening to a bunch of people who can fabricate stories and just plan lie to get you to go away. Its the old story-- if they spent time training them to do tech support rather than get a bunch of people in call centers all over the planet and don't give a flying F about whether you get your problem solved it might turn into a real tech support.

Sounds like an OK job if you don't have a soul. They fill out their forms so the company won't fire them that day and turf you to the next poor *** who has to deal with you. I do see their point- if they solve problems then there a less problems to go around and they might just close a call center and yours might be it. The trick is to not solve your problem and not *** you off at the same time--which takes some talent I must admit.

Anyway, I used to like DTV but not now, since AT&T they have in my opinion become a bunch of disorganized profiteering (sp?) maggots...I look forward to how much worse it will get when they add Time Warner to the mix...It will be like dealing with the old Soviet Union...Guess I will try my luck with Comcast...

This person wrote the review because of "awful tech support" at Directv. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1500 and wants Directv to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Directv and directv technical support for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments