I called for technical support today for assistance on how to resolve very poor reception when having even a light rain or snow fall.While I could not understand or adequately hear the first technical support representative, I did what she told me to do with no resolve.

I believe she knew how to follow a script, but not how to trouble shoot. To me it was a dish reception problem and not a setup problem. I got frustrated and ended the call. Tried calling later again explaining the problem and requested to talk to some who spoke English with a dialect I could at least understand.

The second tech support person met the ability to communicate with an English speaker requirement. However when I explained what was occurring during both a LIGHT rain or snow fall, she questioned my interpretation of LIGHT implying the conditions were probably more severe and fundamentally that was to be expected. I have lived in the mid-west for 70 years and I think I know the difference. Also told her while I have had the geni system on four TVs for about two years, this was a new occurrence in this type of weather.

Before this it only occurred in heavy snow or rain falls. She basically had no other resolution suggestions.

I indicated this would not occur with a cable system and maybe such system would better meet my needs.She responded with "I can transfer you someone who can cancel your service." I think I will take her advice.

Review about: Directv Technical Support.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments