Coverage Area
Style and Design

Absolutely terrible customer service.Get antenna, Roku, or anything else first.

DO NOT BUY direct TV!!! Read all of the negative reviews first. Everything sounds great at first but goes down hill from there. Brittany the initial rep quoted me a price for bundling at&t uverse with direcTV, no surprise my first bill arrives and it is higher in comparison to the quote.

I called customer service to solve this issue. After hours on the phone with them (not an exaggeration), they offered a $100 credit to my bill. That's great, however the $100 credit does not make up for the misquoted amount over the 2 year contract. The customer service rep said that I would be contacted in the following few weeks to resolve this issue, the follow up never happened.

A couple months later a channel (golf, not a premium channel) stops working. I called to discuss this and am told the channel was not included in my package (Xtra). The funny part is that I pulled up my account and it shows the channel on my package. After about an hour the rep does fix this issue.

At this point I ask about the 2 $100 gift cards that were supposed to be mailed out, the rep said she would look into this and they would follow up with me. Let's fast forward 3 months to 11-30-16. The exact same issue with a channel not working happens. I call customer service and get a rep named Rica.

I explain to her the issue. She then tells me that this channel (csnch, not a premium channel) isn't part of my package. I explain to her that I have been watching this channel for the last 6 months and that it is part of my package. She then tells me that it was a promotional free channel and the promo is over.

I explain to her that unlike the 3 months free HBO, showtime, and cinemax promos CSNBC is part of my package. I then ask her to pull up the mydirecTV account page which shows that the channel is part of my package. Rica insists that I am incorrect and the channel is not included. I asked Rica if she is telling me that I am lying to her, yes she responds.

At this point I tell her that I cannot deal with her and need to speak with another representative. The next rep neal who is the manager apologizes about 100 times and reboots my box a couple times. Nothing, no solution, the channel isn't working. He believes it must be an issue with the broadcast department.

Also, during this conversation I asked about the gift cards and the follow up from them about the billing issues. Absolutely no rebuttal or attempt at a solution to this. This phone call takes well over an hour. I am now told again that I will get a call back to solve the issue.

At the end of it, I have been given zero solution and feel like I am getting scammed.HAS ANYONE ELSE WITH THE SAME ISSUES CALLED AN ATTORNEY OR THE FCC???

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "fix the problems!" as the author lost $111111. rttadam is overall dissatisfied with Directv. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Directv.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments