Coverage Area
Style and Design

I received a call from Josh with AT&T/DirecTV Friday, January 13, 2017, stating he was following up with me regarding my complaint to the FTC.Josh apologized for the additional fees that had been charged to my account due to DirecTV's error, credited my account for the $67 in overcharges and adjusted my current bill to $16.02.

He advised me that my monthly bill would be increasing by $2 starting next month and I advised him that I needed to cancel my account if that were the case. Josh advised that he would apply promotional credits to my account so that my monthly bill would be $36.99 for two years with no contract and no service agreement needed. I agreed to continue service with DirecTV for the lower monthly fee. I hung up with Josh and promptly paid the $16.02 owed on my account.

Today, January 15, 2017, my DirecTV service was disconnected. I called DirecTV and spoke with Bethenny, who advised that my service had been disconnected because I filed bankruptcy. I asked her why, then, did DirecTV accept my payment Friday, January 13th? She did not have an answer and only offered to send my account to escalation for review for a refund of the amount I paid and said it would take 7 to 14 business days.

DirecTV knew before January 13, 2017, that I had filed bankruptcy and, yet, Josh still contacted me to renegotiate a better monthly rate, credit my account for the fraudulent charges, late fees and taxes and advised me to pay my account on the 13th so that my bill would not be late.

It appears that Josh lied to me in order to avoid reimbursing me for the erroneous charges to my account and to compel me to pay the $16.02 current bill, and then DirecTV disconnected my service two days later.In total, DirecTV owes me $97 for overcharging me, late fees, taxes and the $16.02 I paid Friday.

Review about: Directv Account.

Reason of review: They fraudulently billed me and lied about my service..

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments