1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I've been with DirecTV since 2009 & generally have no had complaints with my service.I even had an upgraded sports package & the NFL Sunday Ticket.

When I bought my house in 2015, I was going to switch to a cheaper service since my bill had gotten a bit pricey. A nice gentleman in customer retention dropped my bill incredibly low & I cancelled the installation of my new service. I was very happy at the service they provided to keep me as a customer. He told me to call in & ask for that department any time I had an issue with my bill & they would take care of it.

In April, I had a garage fire. They kept telling me it would only be a month or so until I was home, so I held off cancelling my service. Around this time, AT&T took over. After about 4 months, I finally called & they suspended my account - at least they were supposed to.

I got a past due bill for over $400 a couple months later. I called in & they waived it after I explained what happened, although I found out later that they didn't waive all of it. When I finally was back in my home at the end of October, I called to have my service reinstalled. They sent a couple of complete hacks out that were there over 5 hours & didn't even complete the job.

I had to call back & they couldn't get someone out until a week later. He told us the last people installed everything all wrong. Then we found out that our Sunday Ticket wasn't working (we had already made 2 payments on it at the time our account was suspended & now the season was half over). After another call, they got it turned back on.

They put the charge as 50% on the bill since the season is half over, not caring we already paid for part of the season. Now my bill is also getting high & our service keeps going out. I call to try to get the bill down again because it's about $200 a month now. The best they can do is $5 off a month.

I tell them that it's *** & I'll be calling in to cancel. I kept putting it off until last Sunday when we lost signal while watching football - but only when it stopped snowing. I ask them what my cancellation charges will be & they tell me $200. I call xfinity & find out I'll be getting cable, internet, & a home security system for about $10 more than I was paying directv for cable alone & they also agree to give me a $200 gift card for my cancellation fee.

Service was installed Thursday & we've been very happy with it. I finally get around to calling directv to cancel today (exactly a week since my last call). I'm now told that my new equipment meant a new contract & it will be $450 to cancel. I'm VERY upset & ask how that can be when a week ago I was told $200.

The guy starts telling me about the calculator & how it's never wrong. I try asking him how that can be when I was obviously wrong 50% of the time for me, but he keeps talking over me, which really *** me off because I pay them a LOT of money. So I got nasty with the guy & he told me to have a nice day & hung up on me!!! I called back & got someone else & was again told the same thing.

I told them I wanted to talk to someone else (10-14 days til I get a call back on that). I just want to pay what I was told!

I've already paid way more than I should have & spent countless hours of my time dealing with them on the phone, although they don't care about my time.I'm beyond disgusted with this company - they used to be a good company that cared about they're customers.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of directv tv service. Directv needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned directv tv service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Directv. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Dish Network.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments