Coverage Area
Style and Design

FCC Home Complaint Center Home Consumer Help Center REQUEST #1404419 UNAPPRECIATED CUSTOMER Avatar Nita Smith2010 Yesterday at 23:13 We have had service with directv since 2006 first under my name and then under my husbands name when we moved.In June 2016 our home tragically burned down.

We lost everything. This includes the directv satellite boxes and dish. I called directv to notify them of our situation and that I would need to close the account. First they said we had to pay the balance due that was about $300 before they would cancel it.

We of course didn't have the money due to the circumstances. The rep wouldn't allow us to suspend the account either. The account then racked up another month of charges even though we weren't using the service. There was no electricity even on at the house site.

So we paid the balance after receiving a small grant from my job. The rep then said we had to return the equipment or be charged an equipment fee plus a cancellation fee. I explained our circumstances again that we could not return equipment due to house fire and everything lost. No sympathy was expressed or anything.

They sent boxes to return equipment out to our burned home site. Unable to send back the equipment they billed us $345. They sent an email that they would waive 345 charge it we reinstated services. We didnt have a home to reinstate services at.

Now it's been put in collection on my husbands credit. My husband called today to see if he paid it would they remove it off his credit. He was told no. We are now trying to purchase a new home and need our credit as high as possible.

This new collection has dropped his credit score 43 points.I'm very upset that directv has treated us in this manner.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments