I came in from outside and found a 771 on my TV screen.I called customer service and was told all the troubleshooting to perform.

All the items were done as requested and still got same code 771. I called back and got a representative. He tried to get me to do all the troubleshooting again and I told him I had already done all of the items requested...He still insisted on me doing the reboot, so I complied. He then told me that he would need to send out a technician and I would need to pay $99.00 for this service.

I told him I was not going to pay anything. He said, well, you can get the protection plan and I told him I already paid over 100.00 for the service now. He said I would need to pay $19.95 monthly for the protection plan. I told him I was not going to pay a dime for someone to come out and service my Direct TV.

I told him that I could switch to Dish and he said I would have to pay to have someone come out and look at the issue. I do not appreciate having to pay over a $100.00 for TV and then to be told I have to pay another $100.00 for someone to check the equipment, or $19.95 a month for a protection plan.

You can just come get your equipment and I'll find someone else that will treat me like a valued customer Thank you.Paula Brewer 2589 Hwy 29 South Ellisville, MS 39437 (601)477=3151

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Hello Paula, I hope all is well.I'll try to be brief, but thorough.

Okay, a 771 signal is your dish is not receiving a signal from space which is most commonly caused by debris on the dish itself, severe weather, or your dish has become slightly misaligned. If weather is generally good, its probably an alignment issue which does require a technician to physically view the dish itself and make adjustments. Okay, a BASIC Protection Plan ($7.99/month) covers such a visit or will replace/repair Directv equipment such as a receiver or remote at no cost to you. If you do have have this plan, a service call for this issue is actually about $48.00.

The numbers you were quoted are the Protection Plan Premier which extends coverage to other devices in the home, not owned by Directv. If nondirectv equipment like a tv gets cracked,etc a $50 service fee would cover the repair or replacement of such a device.

So, if you were able to troubleshoot with a technical representative over the phone and get to the point where a 771 needed to be addressed, then that let's me know your tv is working fine, so only a Basic Protection Plan or paying for this service call out of pocket would be needed.Hope this clarifies from a fellow Mississippian.