2.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I don't even know where to start I am so frustrated. I have literally been in tears for the last hour and a half.

We had a service technician come out due to having no picture picture cutting out and freezing issues. The technician was wonderful he did everything you could for us two things were the cause. Number one the satellite dish was installed and a part of the roof that they're not supposed to install on so he couldn't physically get up to make any adjustments on the dish because he said it was against company policy. Second issue when he could get within range of the dish he said our tree line grew up across the freeway and so we no longer have line of sight.

He stated that he was going to make that documentation and close out the service call since there was nothing that he could do and that we would no longer be in a DirecTV contract. Shortly after that I lost my job and times were a bit hard so I did have a past due bill. DirecTV sent me out a box to send my equipment back which I which I did. Saturday September 10th DirecTV withdrew $879 from my checking account.

This was for an early termination fee unreturned equipment and my past due bill. I spent 2 hours on the phone arguing that we didn't have a fee and then I return the equipment. The customer service representative said that I was lying about the service call but there was no service call as a matter of fact the service call for that day was closed out meaning there was no service call after 45 minutes of arguing she finally look at the note from that close out service call and saw that he was in fact here and we did not have line of sight and we were no longer in a contract. After I held for 20 minutes for a manager to come on the line the call disconnected.

After calling back and sitting again for 45 minutes to an hour going through this whole scario with somebody else, they would only credit back the equipment and the early termination fee. Keep in mind this is after a phone call from two weeks prior where I told them they are not to charge anything to that credit card and supposedly these calls are recorded but as a customer I'm not entitled to that recording. So bottom line was everything was processed in 72 hours and by Monday afternoon I should have my money back in my account. Come Monday morning I checked the bank the money was not there but my transactions from Friday came through and I have totaled $210 and bounced check and overdraft fees I am now negative $500 in my checking account.

I'm a single mom that was everything I had once the bills went through it would have been left with $150 for 2 weeks to take care of the boys and I but that doesn't matter to DirecTV yes they admitted fault for wrongfully taking money but they do not refund for fees charged by the financial institution. After this phone call that lasted about an hour I was informed that they don't do any processing over the weekend and then it would process Monday and I would see the money in my account Thursday guess what today's Thursday. They refunded the money for the equipment but the other $300 is still quote processing and quote could be 7 to 10 days.

I have been a customer with DirecTV back to the early 2000s and they would do anything they could to keep you as a customer but as soon as things go a little sideways they drop you like a bad habit and you no longer matter yes they made an error yes it financially screwed you yes you spent the last 2 hours and tears but I'm sorry that's not our problem. Thank you for calling DirecTV and have a nice day

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments