Tampa, Florida
1.1
Coverage Area

I would not recommend anyone to get direct TV even if you are forced to have them like me I would say do Netflix instead. I have had directv for about a year now and it is the worst media source I have ever had!

Almost everyday I sit in silence because me satellite lost service. Currently I can not watch a movie (only on the Chanel I want to watch) because some "711 signal loss"... Besides barely being able to watch something I spend so much money on, they charge you for everything. I had no idea I couldn't watch on demand on my original box like every other cable company, and once I found out I was told I needed an upgraded box and it would be another 99$.

Also be aware that your bill will higher than expected every month because when you call to pay your bill the automatic service gives you the wrong total about due, which is short of what you should actually pay. Just found that out as well! Overall I will write to all my friends and family and who else will listen to tell them to never!!!

And mean never waste your money and time on direct tv. I am not one to write a review on bad service, but this is horrible and ridiculous, so here's to firsts!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

#1020276

OK let's break this down point by point. 1.

You have 771 everyday have you requested a service call to fix the problem? Or did you find out it is $49.95 and say no or did you take it and the problem is still going did you call right back to say still happening? I see it all the time people expect that DirecTV should know when there is an error and automatically fix it with no contact. #2 you have to have an HD DVR for on demand, sounds like you didn't do research on the product you AGREED to, can I complain to best buy because my new washing machine does not dry my laundry?

No because before I purchased the machine I did my due diligence and found out it onle washes laundry not dry it did you ask about on demand I can safely say no because if you had it would of been explained what is needed. #3 if you do upgrade to a HD DVR there is more than the $99 for the upgrade, let's drop some knowledge on ya it will be an adsl $10 a month for the DVR service and a new 2 year agreement so this is totally on you,you have no reason to complain and owe DirecTV an apology for you being childish and complaining about something that is entirely YOUR fault