In March 2016, I called to cancel DirecTV but was talked out of it by being offered a lower price.The woman I spoke with (Sherry) knew that I did NOT want to be in a contract anymore--I was very clear.

Yet that lower price came in the form of monthly credits over a 12- and 24-month period. When I cancelled this month (one year later), I received confirmation over the phone that there would be no cancellation fee before making it official. Then when I received my bill, there was a $120 cancellation fee assigned. My phone call investigating the issue took 68 minutes and resulted in no change.

The explanation given was that the 24-month credit was actually 'me in a contract.' I had no idea. This HAS TO BE more transparent. Your bill should clearly say when your contract is up, and the customer service (at the very least) needs to be VERY clear about it.

In my case, I believe that Sherry was deceptive.She got me off the phone and kept me as a customer, but now the company's reputation has been damaged in my eyes (along with everyone I tell about this).

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1299532

They did the same thing to me.

Don't trust Direct TV . Run as fast as you can .Don't trust their words.