I just recently hooked up direct tv in the past 3 months. They were a day late to install, and the installer brought neither manual nor cables to hook up the receivers. They had to "borrow" the cables for my DVD player and promise to replace them later. After...
#193342

After reading many,many complaints I have come to the conclusion that DTV allows only a few people to receive the rebates (maybe a few people to prove they actually do the rebates) while most do not get rebates from DTV. DTV keeps putting off most people or promising them that it is all taken care of or will be and all of a sudden they tell you it is too late that you did not do so and so in the allowed amount of time.The biggest kicker is that if you have any equipment upgrade throughout your contract even if for non working equipment that extends your contract another 2 yrs

View more comments
Review
#199582 Review #199582 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Direct TV | Directv in Seattle, Washington

We are inundated with junk mail, so have attempted to stop the worst abuser which is Direct TV. We have never had Direct TV, but our son who has not lived with us for over a decade still gets mail from them at our address (he never had Direct TV, either) Called on 9-23-09 (good luck actually getting anywhere with their phone system if you are not a customer or wanting to be). Spoke with Monica, who assured me that we had "now been removed from the list." Was told it could take up to 6 weeks, but it would stop. Called on 11-7-09 spoke with Linda. "I'm sorry you are having to call again, I've taken care of that for you." Same time consuming giving of addressee and address. Called again on 2-10-10. Went up to supervisor this time and spoke with Al and Mauricio who went through the whole procedure again and Stated that "I've done everything in my power to get your address off, but if it doesn't work then you might need to contact the local office who gives the addresses to our corporate offices for mailing. Received at least one and more often 2 mailing a month until I called again this morning. Got nowhere with Kristina who was just going to enter the info again. Asked to speak with supervisor. Josh suggested that I call the National "Do not Call" number and gave number to me. When asked how that was going to help when I was already on that list and it was mailings not phone calls. He suggested I check out the website for Direct TV and contact them...had already tried that. So he gave me an address for Residential Services (not sure how that will help since I'm not a customer) He couldn't give me their number to speak with them directly and can not give me any numbers. I'm ready to take it to local "problem solvers" at the TV stations. This is ridiculous!

Been trying to stop Directv from sending me their *** mail. The mailings come addressed to someone who hasn't lived at this address in over 11 years, and that's how long this has been going on....really.

I average two mailings per month, but am now saving them, putting them in a large box and sending it COD back to the sender..

I have done this three times now, but guess what...got another one this afternoon. *** COMPANY!

I'm in the same boat. I will never switch to directv based on all the annoying mailers that can't be stopped. I'm about to report them to the attorney general's office.

View more comments (1)
Review
#194372 Review #194372 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SATELLITEDIRECT IS A SCAM!!!! | Directv in Fremont, California

SATELLITE DIRECT ARE SCAMMERS!!! DONT FALL FOR IT, GIVE THE MONEY TO A CHARITY OR CHURCH BECAUSE THESE *** ARE A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS. THE OFFERS THOUSANDS OF CHANNELS BUT NONE OF THEM WORK, THINK ABOUT IT THEY WOULD GET SUED BY THE NBA,NFL ETC. IF THEY SHOWED THERE GAMES LIVE. I CANT BELIEVE THIS WEBSITE IS ALLOWED ON THE INTERNET TO DO BUSINESS? BUT THATS THOSE REPUBLICAN BUREACRATS IN CONGRESS GETTING THEIR KICK BACKS FOR ALLOWING SATELLITEDIRECT TO SCREW US TAX PAYING AMERICANS. DONT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS SATELLITEDIRECT SCAM. WRITE YOUR CONGESSMAN AND LET THEM KNOW YOUR NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS.
Directv Website
There is power in numbers. Send your Direct TV complaints directly to: Ms. Ellen Filipiak SR VP, Customer Care 2230 E Imperial Highway El Segundo, CA 90245 Email: Ellen.Filipiak@directv.com Consumers, UNITE! There IS power in numbers. Bombard, innundate Ms....

Direct TV is a joke! Money hungry sons of *** Removing channels, local ones!

U buy the NFL package and they block your teams games! Oh, also hv to pay separate fee for mixed! I’m so pissed! Want to cancel today and willing to pay “fng” penalty!

But my son won’t let me so he can at least watch his team with 8 screens! I hate u people!

View more comments

DirecTV stole my money!

over a month ago directv was having technical difficulties with it's website and accidentally charge my bank account four times for the same bill. With all the bells and whistles we have, they charged me over $800! That was January 2nd. I call day after day and since they oursource their customer service to the phillipines, nobody knows what I'm talking about. Yesterday I threatened legal action and was actually transferred to an American, who was the rudest most unbelievably useless, arrogant person ever. After all i've gone through I don't deserve to be treated like this!

My advice is to never be on autopay for these crooks. When they make a mistake and pull money out of your account they won't give it back. They stole $400 from my checking account without permission and won't give it back.

After not paying there bill in a timely manner, Direct TV withdrew 400.00 + dollars from my bank account w/o autherization. After contacting them to rectify they promised the money would be put back on three different occasions but still waiting.

They're excuse was an accounting error on there side which has now extended it another 10 days which I have heard 2X before. I was told by 1 rep to hold after 30 mins I got hung up on.

After calling back was told by another the credit was forwarded to my bank. The next call after noticing it was not, I was told another ten days!!!

To Seemore

You have got to be working in the PR dept for Directv....if not, go get that job...I did note your addressing Directv as an entity, and not the bundled situation that many folks seem to be bungled up in today...I take it at face value that what you say is true...the company is just trying their best man, to help out the customer and meet the bottom line...but when you have Three different people tell you( the sales rep, the install tech and a service person from the company) that you have thirty days to check out the service and decide whether or not it is going to work...and then you have had your equipment changed out three times and still not work, and have also had your bill double from what you thought you agreed to...along with the absolutely pass the buck from one company back to the other customer service...with no resolution, except that they have you locked,(maybe?) into their contract, and will get, their money somehow most of the time, because many folks will not fight it...that answers your attrition equation...It seems to me, this consumer, that they really don't give a ***...the fix is in... unless you have a contract law degree and know exactly the right questions to ask and can decipher the small print...I have learned my lesson tho...never ever, expect integrity when working on a contracted business deal with any entity...no one takes responsibility for their actions or their word....if what you say is true about the checks and balances at Directv, I should have, out of good customer service, received a call from a supervisor who could actually help me resolve my issues, and give me the benefit of the doubt as the customer...but instead I get a note saying thankyou for agreeing to pay more money for our service....it really is laughable...But trust me, one way or the other I will figure out a way for these companies Qwest and Directv to have to justify the time wasted by me and my wife...have a fabulous Holiday

DirecTV operates like another large familer corporation that is still in the undertaking 10 years later! ENRON

We ordered dtv Jan 08 through qwest bundle. Contract up Jan 10.

We moved June 30th 2010 and moved our services (still qwest bundle). DTV lost the order despite the conformation email. It was that email that saved the day when you tried to tell me I was still receiving service and living at my old address. I had to prove my change of address to you people! It took nearly a month but you finally moved my service. The supervisor "joe" felt bad and issued a credit for the install fee for the new whole home hd dvr system HE OFFERED US.. We did not ask for this, we were fine with what we had.

In Aug 10 we unbundle with qwest.

In oct 10 we call to cancel and are told we are under contract. Mind you im in law school and study consumer law! I am very familer with contract and this is not a valid contract, it is void, it lacks 3/6 essential elements to be considered a contract. I also subpoened for copies of this so called phone call at the 3rd party verification and low and behold, the phone call does not exist. I subpoened for copies of the phone call with the supe who upgraded us, and again, no existance. Hmm....

Needless to say we continued with the cancel. I paid the bill online as a one time payment for the month of aug and sept 10.

I told dtv to send final bill and I wrote a dispute letter to start the process and sent it to Greenwood vil col. BARE MIND THAT WHEN A CONSUMER IS DISPUTING THE VALIDITY OF A CHARGE YOU CAN NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO COLLECT THE DEBT THAT IS IN VIOLATION OF THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT. I have successfully sued creditors and collection agencies over less then $400 and received tens of thousands back for my legal fees and pun damages. Your next.

Anyways, the day after thanksgiving you decided to bill my bank account $480.14 11/26/10. Considering the $400 is in dispute you have broken the law. Its called felony theft. Amongst other things. Furthermore, on 11/27/10 I got my "final bill" finally, and it shows a late fee of $5.00....um, #1 how can it be late when I just got the dam bill and #2 you helped ourself to my bank account so again, how can it be late?? #3 you do not have permission or my signature to bill my account without permission.

We will see when Wash DC makes a ruling, DirecTV will come tumbling down and all of its peon employees will gravel at our feet.

I have had issues with DirecTV's unethical business practices as well. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. There are so many complaints filed against this company for their bad business practices.

I had DirecTV and they were supposed to bundle my cable with AT&T.

They assured me that the bundle installation would all be on the

same day. It was not! I had to contact AT&T and in the process

was told about AT&T Uverse which sounded a lot better than DirecTV.

AT&T worked with me on DirecTV's bills to me as well as my first

cable provider. Then DirecTV billed me for the disconnection fee

and AT&T helped me. DirecTV took $500 out of my bank account

without my knowledge and AT&T and I both put a stop payment

on my checking account. Once DirecTV gets your money it leaves

one high and dry when following through on its bundle accounts.

I should have never had to contact AT&T about connecting my

phone and internet, that was DirecTV's job and they said they would do it when I first got it. At this time I am very happy with

AT&T and I hope to continue to be.

for the comment on the 2 year contract. Yes they do tell you about it and there is also a form that you sign usually before the install or sometimes after, if you people dont read what you sign then well thats your fault :upset

I have been a customer for 12 years. I have never had anyone I purchase anything from treat me the way they have this month.

I pay every month on time.

Suddenly, yesterday, I find that they have removed 500 from my bank account. I call and spend three hours on the phone for everyone to say, it is a mistake, but it will take them a month to put it back.

As advised, do not give them any source of money that you can not cancel in the event you foresee issues with them, or don't use them.

#161946

I kept reading but never thought it would happen to me- well it just did.

I get a call from Directv and they tell me my bill is late- I say I have autopay, you better look again and hung up on them. I'm on my computer 10 minutes later and get an email confirmation of the $262 payment made by phone!

Not only is my account up to date but there was no authorization for them to charge me on that card!

this was an old credit card I used before I put them on a different account to make tracking bills easier! *** Them

You people are pathetic, paranoid and are probably liberal Democrats that think everyone should get everything for nothing as well. For anyone that thinks that all businesses are out to get you I would encourage you to get professional help immediately before you kill again. While occasionally one of you may have been victim of an error or perhaps even an intentional act of deception for the most part most of you are simply clueless or qualify as perpetrators of fraud yourselves.

A company the size of DIRECTV has a legal department the size of a small Midwestern town that advises them on every policy and practice that they employ. Now I'm not saying that there are no instances of an individual that works for DIRECTV misleading a customer, intentionally or unintentionally. But as a corporate entity DIRECTV has everything to lose by setting policy and engaging in practices that are detrimental to its bottom line. The only way to avoid attrition is keep the customers you have happy so they will tell others.

DIRECTV has about 18 million customers and they continue to grow. Apparently most of those 18 million are pretty well satisfied because DIRECTV has been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for 9 years running. If they were p-i-s-s-i-n-g (Funny isn't it, that a website that is called Pissed Consumer won't let the word *** be used in posts. Pretty hypocritical.) off even 1% of their customers there would be about 180,000 people or so that should be posting on this site yet there is only a handful. Now of the 18 million or so people who are DIRECTV customers they are either 18 million of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth or the less than 1% who claim to have been duped are. Which is it? My money is on the 180,000 or less.

DIRECTV agents are trained for 2 weeks before they take a single call. Then they go through another 2 weeks of On-The-Job training under the watchful eye of trainers. And once they are allowed to take calls without extremely close supervision they are subject to frequent monitoring to ensure that they deliver a quality consumer experience. Every call an agent takes is recorded and archived. They are required to quote accurate pricing based on what they are told by the prospective customer. If the customer attempts or does provide inaccurate information in an attempt to get service or discounts they are not entitled to how does the DIRECTV or one of its agents have responsibility for inaccurate pricing or information that could result. Agents are required to inform all customers that they are leasing, not buying equipment and upon termination of services the equipment must be returned to DIRECTV or the credit or debit card that they provided when they became a DIRECTV customer would be charged for the cost of the equipment. Customers are told to review their 1st bill and the Customer Agreement that is included carefully and to keep both for their records. New customers are told the length of their agreement and if they break that agreement due to early cancellation then they are subject to early cancellation fees. Currently this is $20 per month left in the agreement term. It will be charged to the credit or debit card they provided when they set up service.

You see, when someone calls to sign up for DIRECTV some do not listen closely to what they are being told. It is my assessment that those who claim to have wronged are probably among those who wanted to rush through the sign-up process, argued with the agent about the length of the agreement, felt the cancellation fees were unfair or just ignored any information that the agent provided that didn't line up with their own personal perception of what they did or didn't have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. They think that to provide TV service as content rich as what DIRECTV provides is free, that DIRECTV gets 100% profit from every dollar they take in. Get a clue. Every business that exists today makes an investment and has an expense before any profit is made. DIRECTV is no different. Typically it takes DIRECTV at least 18 months to break even on a new customer. Let me repeat that for the really thick-headed among you. It typically takes 18 months for DIRECTV to break even on the installation and set-up of a new customer. No business exists to just break even and no business continues to exist if they don't make a profit. Since its establishment DIRECTV has continually improved its service, content and technology. No business in the television service provider industry has a record as good as DIRECTV.

Some people complain that satellite TV use to be free. Really? If I recall a satellite system with a dish the size of Rhode Island ran about $8000 or more. That is about 6 years of DIRECTV service with the Premier package that contains over 285 channels of the most popular programming content available. No other TV service provider has anything even close. Of course, one does not have to have a TV service provider. For those of you who think TV should be free as your God given right, you can put up an antenna and get reception of local channels if you can get a strong enough signal. But shut your pie hole and don't complain when there is nothing to watch on TV or there is 30 minutes of program content and 30 minutes of advertising to pay for “free” TV. Or maybe you can watch programming content provided on the Internet that is free. But my friends, that is not free either. You either at least have to have Internet service which is not free, you are a mooch who only gets WI-fi from places like Starbucks or McDonald's (God love ya) or you are stealing service from someone. Who is the unethical one now?

Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle? I doubt it. Simply put 80% of effects are derived by 20% of causes. It is also referred to as the 80-20 Rule. How does it have relevance to this monologue? 80% of the problems/complaints are generated by 20% of the customers a company has. These disgruntled people also increase the expense of doing business and guess who gets to cover the bill? The 80 percent who are relatively satisfied. Do me/us a favor, go kill yourselves now, before you cost me/us another penny. I/we will be eternally grateful.

Kevin, you are full of it. I will bet that is why your eyes are brown.

View more comments (12)

Unauthorized Debit Card Charges | Directv in New York, New York

In August 2008, my directv service was disconnected for non payment. I only owed the one month, which I do not dispute. Two weeks later, I received an email stating that they had discontinued my service. On 09/29/2008, I attempted to pay my electricity bill with my credit card. To my surprise, the charge was declined. When I checked my balance, DirecTV had charged my card, $179.17. When I called them, I first spoke with a girl who barely spoke english, becoming increasingly frustrated after spending 10+ minutes on hold, I asked for a supervisor. I was then transferred to a Gentleman named Dax, Dax refused to give me his last name, but informed me his ID # was 100292449. I explained to him what had happened, and that my car had been charged for more than what was owed. I had service for more than 4 years, so there was no early cancellation fee. After he reviewed my file, he agreed that On 09/22/2008, DirecTV had cut my new Bill, now note that I had NO service for the month of August. On the same day, 09/22/2008, they [Directv] charged my card for the same amount that they billed me for. This bill was not mailed to me, emailed to me, nor was the charge authorized. I did not, nor have I ever, elected for automatic bill pay. THE CHARGE WAS MADE WITHOUT MY CONSENT!! After getting a long speech from "Dax", I hung up the phone. I am sure I will not hear from them again, but he assured me that I would hear from his supervisor, whose name is "Marlon" his voice mail number, NOT A REAL VOICE number, is 956-784-7088. So on 09/22/2008 DirecTV cuts a new bill with inflated charges, On 09/22/2008, they also pre-authorize my credit card for the amount of the inflated bill, On 09/27/2008 they post the charges, aparently this 5 day period was to see if I would notice the charge. On 09/29/2008 I spoke with "Dax", and reluctantly I will see if they will keep their word. I will update this post when they do. Until then, Beware of DIRECTV!!!! I would entertain hearing from any attorney who would like to file suit against DirecTV. Please note the following information listed below my name and account number is information that was cut and pasted directly from their website. If you notice there is NO automatic bill pay selected! Jennifer DanielsTennessee Billing SummaryLast Payment$179.17 on 09/27/08 Current Balance:$0.00 Auto Pay:Not SetupPaperless Billing:Not EnrolledEnroll to View Bills Activity Since Last Bill My OrdersView All OrdersPendingCompleted (last 3 months)Email Subscriptions & InterestsSubscriptions Email AlertsBe the first to learn about special offers, new programming and ways to enhance your DIRECTV service. If you subscribe to certain sports packages such as NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ?¢, we'll also send you a weekly sports schedule. Sample My ProfileChange Password Update Security Question & Answer Account Info Name: JENNIFER DANIELSAccount NumberUpdateEmail UpdateBilling Address JENNIFER DANIELSPO BOX 262BEECHGROVE, TN (XXX) XXX-XXXX Moving?Installation Address 563 XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXBELL BUCKLE, TN 37020 (615) XXX-XXXX UpdateCredit CardCard Type: VIExpiration Date: xx/xxxx UpdatePrivacy Options Anonymous Account Details Overview Paperless Billing Pay Online Auto Pay Reschedule Installation

So what happened? I was charged 653.37 due to my boxes...I had been on the phone with direct tv regarding my boxes three days before and they were aware i had not sent them due to a discrepancy in my bill. They charged my account...now I am down 653.37.

Loss

I called 5 times about a Remote Control Problem | Directv in Cincinnati, Ohio

My remote control is acting up, I called 5 times got 5 different answers, install new batteries, need a new remote control, go to our website find out how to on your own,go to a channel with no picture & fix the remote, go to menu. I still have the problem, I did all the things they recomended. half the remote works, can't turn Tv off on & on with it, can't mute, can't adjust volume, very disgusted with Direct TV.You bet when my contract is up I will get rid of this mess. I will also tell anyone that is interested in Direct to please don't .

problem w/ direct tv remote control

rick

I wish I had come here a year ago. The DTV remotes are kind of touchy.

I have three different kinds. I can tell you how to program your remote if I know which one you have.

View more comments (1)