DirecTV won't pay for damages to my house from taking down old dish
I have had different services provide my cable throughout the years that I have lived in my home.My first satellite company installed a dish on my roof about 8 years ago.
Then we switched from them to Comcast and from Comcast to DirecTV. In all these years I never took the old dish off my roof because it didn't bother me and I don't even know what I would need to do to remove it. It's attached to the roof and I didn't want to mess anything up. When we had our DirecTV dish installed the DirecTV tech installing it removed our old dish, but did not seal the holes left in the roof unknowing to us.
After we had our DirecTV dish installed we noticed some water coming into a light in our kitchen. We assumed it was a soffit leak because you would think the DirecTV tech, if taking old equipment off, would know how to properly seal any holes left behind. It didn't always leak it was only sometimes. The way our kitchen is set up there is a drop down ceiling that the cabinets butt up to.
So there was continuing leakage under the cabinets that we couldn't see. Then one day it started to leak down the front of the cabinets and as I was looking closer I noticed what looked like mold right at the edge of the cabinets. My husband and brother-in-law took the cabinet down and it was a moldy, black square of water damage from over time water getting in through the roof. My brother-in-law was able to put his finger right through the damaged drywall.
They cut open the dropped down ceiling to find all the wood underneath and installation were all water damaged. Looking closer we found the old dish holes that were never sealed leaking over time into our house. DirecTV made is sound like no big deal get an estimate to repair the damage, send pictures and we'll take care of it. Well two weeks later after submitting everything I received a denial letter stating that the holes that were left didn't match DirecTV's equipment.
I never said it was their equipment. I was upfront and honest about having different service and that it was their tech that removed our old equipment. My husband had recently called Gary Ellis the General Manager for DirecTV to discuss the denial and he was very rude and unprofessional. Told my husband that there was no proof their guy removed the equipment, it's against their policy.
They get these claims all the time so "good *** luck" if we tried to sue for damages. Very rude!
I hadn't removed the old dish for 8 years and had no problems, but after they come remove the old dish and install a new one a foot down on the roof is when I have problems.Now this huge company won't stand by their work and I'm screwed with all this water damage because of some *** they hired!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Damage claims
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Equipment Installation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I recieve a flyer requesting me to return to direct tv, with special offers. I recieved the lower price for a year and they would not sent me the..."
- "I enjoy DirectTV services, no interruptions or cuts. I guess for some it works for others it doesn't. For the ones having issues try calling them constantly so they understand..."
- "Thank you for filing your complaint. As you requested, below is a copy of your complaint. Within the next business day, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the complaint...."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."