DirecTV won't pay for damages to my house from taking down old dish

2662 of 7063 Directv reviews

I have had different services provide my cable throughout the years that I have lived in my home.My first satellite company installed a dish on my roof about 8 years ago.

Then we switched from them to Comcast and from Comcast to DirecTV. In all these years I never took the old dish off my roof because it didn't bother me and I don't even know what I would need to do to remove it. It's attached to the roof and I didn't want to mess anything up. When we had our DirecTV dish installed the DirecTV tech installing it removed our old dish, but did not seal the holes left in the roof unknowing to us.

After we had our DirecTV dish installed we noticed some water coming into a light in our kitchen. We assumed it was a soffit leak because you would think the DirecTV tech, if taking old equipment off, would know how to properly seal any holes left behind. It didn't always leak it was only sometimes. The way our kitchen is set up there is a drop down ceiling that the cabinets butt up to.

So there was continuing leakage under the cabinets that we couldn't see. Then one day it started to leak down the front of the cabinets and as I was looking closer I noticed what looked like mold right at the edge of the cabinets. My husband and brother-in-law took the cabinet down and it was a moldy, black square of water damage from over time water getting in through the roof. My brother-in-law was able to put his finger right through the damaged drywall.

They cut open the dropped down ceiling to find all the wood underneath and installation were all water damaged. Looking closer we found the old dish holes that were never sealed leaking over time into our house. DirecTV made is sound like no big deal get an estimate to repair the damage, send pictures and we'll take care of it. Well two weeks later after submitting everything I received a denial letter stating that the holes that were left didn't match DirecTV's equipment.

I never said it was their equipment. I was upfront and honest about having different service and that it was their tech that removed our old equipment. My husband had recently called Gary Ellis the General Manager for DirecTV to discuss the denial and he was very rude and unprofessional. Told my husband that there was no proof their guy removed the equipment, it's against their policy.

They get these claims all the time so "good *** luck" if we tried to sue for damages. Very rude!

I hadn't removed the old dish for 8 years and had no problems, but after they come remove the old dish and install a new one a foot down on the roof is when I have problems.Now this huge company won't stand by their work and I'm screwed with all this water damage because of some *** they hired!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Damage claims

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Equipment Installation
Review category
Telecommunications
review #551449 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Directv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
2662 of 7063 Directv reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
mi

Feb 21, 2015 #948937

Make a claim to your homeowners insurance.

1 0 Reply
dAVE54

Feb 21, 2015 #948848 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

MY EXPERIENCE WITH DIRECT TV INSTALLERS IS HI AND MISS. SOME ARE PROFESSIONALS, AND OTHERS ARE SLOBS. UNFORTUNATELY YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW BEHIND THEM AND WATCH THEM AT WORK. I HAD UPGRADED TO HD AND THEY REMOVED THE OLD DISH AND RIPPED UP THE GROUND WIRING. THE NEW DISH WAS MOUNTED, AND NEVER GROUNDED. THE INSTALLER DID NOT FORM THE COAXIAL CABLE INTO DRIP LOOPS, SO THAT RAINWATER WOULD NOT RUN INTO THE STRUCTURE, NOR DID HE CAULK THE HOLES LEFT FROM THE OLD DISH HE REMOVED-FORTUNATELY MY DISH WAS MOUNTED ON THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE.

0 0 Reply
kate

Nov 13, 2014 #899914 Dallas, Texas, United States

They don't have employees! They don't care that the people installing it are just contractors who are getting screwed by these ***-artist contractors. So what makes you think that they would care about you? I would stick with cable TV at least they have no reason to go onto your roof and poke holes on it. Although they may poke holes all around it. Poke a hole poke a hole! Sounds like some kind of sick song.

0 0 Reply
guest

Nov 06, 2014 #896371

I had to pay someone $50 to remove their eyesore of a satellite dish from my roof and I said Never Again will I ever allow anything to be placed on my roof especially a satellite dish and I will Never have DTV again no matter if it were "free"!!

1 0 Reply
jperrone

Nov 02, 2014 #894286 Eagan, Minnesota, United States

At the time of install you became proud owner of the dish, and as such you are the only person liable.

2 0 Reply
Service Manager

Oct 29, 2014 #892811 Eagan, Minnesota, United States

thats not a HOUSE its a terd my friend, you are a terd and live in a terd, we enjoyed damaging you terd and wish you much luck in court cause we have thousands of lawyers and you sir are nothing but a terd

2 8 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Directv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about
×