Bonita Springs, Florida
Resolved

Update by user Dec 29, 2015

Direct TV have now corrected the issue to my satisfaction

Original review posted by user Dec 27, 2015

I agreed to a direct TV contract. Installation was set for Dec. 23rd 2015, within a window of 8 am - 12 noon. On that day we received a call at 11.40 am from the installer to advise that he would be late. He arrived at 12.35 pm.

We previously had satellite service from another provider. Direct's installer said that he would not fit the new dish where the other was installed since direct did not allow roof work. My home is a single story and the other dish was installed on the south east corner of the roof, nearly accessible from a step-ladder. I told the installer that if he could not put the new dish in the same place then I could not proceed since it would require permission from my HOA to change location. He finally agreed to start work as requested but before starting I was required to give three signatures onto the blank screen of a smart phone. I was advised that these signatures were to give him permission to work on my property. From an e-mail forwarded to me by Direct, one of those signatures was acknowledging a proper installation of the system, - though falsely acquired before any work commenced.

Due to the change in time-frame of the installation, I had to leave at 2.20 pm. At that time, the installer advised me that he was having problems with communication between the receiver/controller and the dish antenna and he was replacing the former. When I returned home at 3 pm, the installer had left my home, though my wife did not know this,- he had merely left a generic picture on each of the two televisions and a remote adjacent to each. He had not demonstrated the equipment nor had he left channel guides or operating instructions. When, later, we attempted to change channels, the system went to a permanent 775 error code.

I telephoned Direct CSR and a female had me searching for "swim" boxes. Eventually it was decided that these were not part of our installed system, she said that the problem was in the dish antenna and a service call would be necessary. She would try to get same for Saturday Dec. 26th. I told her that this was not acceptable and that I wanted the problem attended-to that night. I was absolutely certain that the installer had known of an inadequate installation prior to rushing from my home. I finally hung-up the phone from that CSR.

On the evening of Dec. 24th I again called Direct CSR where again a female person wanted me to go searching for "swim" boxes,- I was getting very angry at the inadequate service and told her that I had been through that. She reviewed records and advised that a service call had been cancelled and that the installer had reported a problem with the cabling to the television in the master bedroom. There is no television in the master bedroom. Finally in frustration I told this CSR to make immediate actions to have the system removed.

I called Direct CSR again on Dec. 25th. I reached a recording that Direct had given it's staff the day off in observance of the holiday.

I called Direct CSR again today, Sunday Dec. 27th and asked to speak with the most senior Direct TV staff member available that day. I was told that if I wanted to speak with other than her, then I should write to the company.

If you want to have an extreme lesson in frustration then by all means contract with Direct TV. It is my strong advise that you do not.

So far as my experience is concerned, the only department of Direct TV that works is the billing dept. They have charged my account for services that I have not yet received.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Channel.

Directv Cons: Whole experience.

• Direct Tv Installation Scam