When I called to cancel service after 29 days I was told that I had agreed to a 2 yr contract. I did not.

The rep told me that there would be an early termination card and that it would be charged to my credit card. I was told when I signed up that the service included high speed internet. It did not.

One rep said I only had 24 hrs to cancel. Another told my son that I had until Dec. 5 to cancel. I cancelled on Dec. 3. Today another rep told my son that had only 15 days to cancel. Yet another said I had missed the deadline by 24 hrs. What???? Do any of them know what they are talking about. I never received a copy of this so called contract. The tech that installed the equipment let no receipt.

Do not get screwed over by Direct TV.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

with any contract you have 72 hours to change your mind with no consequences, after that your are in it for what you have signed for.

Yess U did, along with me and so many others.Same thing happened to me and now they auto debited my account for $438.00.

I cancelled becuz each month my bill was a different price and I was told that by getting the high definition receiver I automatically was contractually obligated for two years. WOW!! Did'nt c that one coming. I'm now waiting for the contract that I was suppose to have signed and no, the tech guy never left me one either.

Their story changed from one thing to another, first I was told that if they did not receive their equipment back in seven day there would be a charge, then to find out they cant do that because I gave them back their equipment, that changed too, "we charge your account because of early cancellation". The bank account they used was one that I had not used for some time I kept about $30.00 dollars in it. The freakin bank actually allowed it to go thru so that account is overdrawn and fees were applied!!!!!!

I'm fighting but I'm just not sure I can win this one.There needs to be some type of class action lawsuit agains DirectTv The Bastards.