3.3
Coverage Area

We had Directv for a while now, and it was great. We have one DVR in the living room, and normal boxes in the other bedrooms (there are 4 bedrooms).

We decide to upgrade to the Genie, because it sounded awesome, and Directv hasn't let us down before... until now.

The installer came and installed the service. The main box in the living room, and the little *** boxes in the bedrooms. They have no connectivity options, NOT EVEN AN OPTICAL AUDIO PORT, I MEAN COME ON, THIS IS 2014.

On to the endless errors.

They claim that up to 6 people can watch the same show at once, and up to 6 shows can be recorded at once. Well, while the 6 record is true, the 6 watching is not.

If (for example), I am watching TV in the room, and my mother is watching TV downstairs, and my brother tries to watch TV from his room, he will get a message that goes like this:

"The server is over loaded, please turn off one of these locations:

FAMROOM

BED4"

This sucks. We have a 2 year contact with these complete idiots.

Let's talk about their terrible customer service. If you call them about a problem, they will tell you to unplug your receiver, and plug it back in. Once that is done, and the problem is never solved, they will send out a person that will "help" you with the problem. They will come out, with out the proper equipment, and do the same thing the people told you to do over the god *** phone. He will unplug it, and reset it, and wait to see what happens.

He will say something like "It seems that the problem is worse than anticipated, so I am going to have to come back later, with the proper equipment."

My question is, HOW DO THEY NOT EVER HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT, THEY HAVE HUGE VANS, AND THEY HAVE NO EQUIPMENT???

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that this is a terrible company, terrible service, terrible support, and not modern at all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Comments