First, they broke a special planter when installing and would not pay for it because I didn't have a receipt.They lied to me about free HD.

I then signed up for Premier but they didn't tell me that some of the channels would be blacked out, and they could not tell me when they would be blacked out or how often, but I'm still paying Full Price for Premier. What a *** rip-off!!!

A few months after signing up the remote began malfunctioning. They charged me $15.00 for a new remote! Then I couldn't program it, and they said it would cost me $59.99 if somebody came to the house.

There are a few other things as well. I'm so pissed at this company. Also, when I called to complain that I wasn't getting the sports that I had signed up for, a supervisor HUNG UP ON ME. I wasn't even yelling or cussing.

I'm looking into other companies, and I will change as soon as possible.

I'd rather pay these sneaky creeps $20.00 a month for the remainder of the contract than over $100.00 a month for stuff that is BLACKED OUT. And to charge a new customer for a malfunctioning remote is just plain greedy. They are nothing but a Direct Rip Off. Corporate thieves!!!

They lied to me about HD, too.Steven Lee, Oxnard CA.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I AGREE!!!THEY SUCK!!!!

THEY KEEP YANKING CHANNELS THAT WE PAID FOR!!!! WE HARDLY EVER WATCH TV AND ONE OF CHANNELS I DO WATCH.....FIT TV...... IS NOW GONE?!?! WTF?!?!?

THEY ON ONE BILL CHARGED US FOR 10 MOVIES WE NEVER WATCHED -BILL SHOWS ALL WERE WATCHED IN ONE DAY?!?!

THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AS WE BOTH WORK FULL TIME!!!!THEY REFUSED TO REMOVE CHARGES!!!

:( I'm with you...I was in Wal-Mart looking at HD TV's when a representative of Direct TV greeted me.

First it was $300 to sign on, then oops! it's really $600 so I said no thanks and left. Got a call on my cell that his manager was able to reduce my fees to $200 so I accepted. Well, $459.63 later, not including the tri-pod that I shelled out an additional $65 for and was not told about until the tech was installing the dish, I have no HD service at all.

HEEELLLOOOO! I bought an HD TV so I could watch HD and the final say was that HD service is not available because my porch screen (I'm in an apartment building with strict covenants) is blocking the signal. Why did the technician not tell me that on his first of 5 visits?!?!?!?! And the more upset I became the more I heard was "You signed a contract", "You signed a contract", like sone da** parrot.

If the company cannot deliver on its service or goods then they have no business bothering me. BTW, I made no less than 14 phone calls in 10 days to Direct TV (supposedly they are recorded) so I have made every possible effort and gone above and beyond what I think was necessary to resolve this. And guess what? The tripod is "mine", it's non-returnable, and the dish is "mine" because that also is non-returnable.

Because the dish is considered an environmental no-no and Direct TV has no method of responsible disposal, I think I have...