2.0

**I'm still very confused about what I experienced ** I called to order Directv and they asked for my social to verify payment/some *** that I still didn't understand.I agreed and when they went to check it they told me I had a credit freeze or a security freeze on my credit.

They told me to call and get it removed so we could continue the sign up process. Surprised by this info I had no idea who to call so I told them I'd call back when I figured this out. I started by calling my credit card company for answers. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Next, I tried my bank. They thought this sounded fishy and gave me phone numbers for the 3 major credit companies; Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. I didn't know which company I should start with so I decided to call Directv back to ask which company is named that's responsible for this "freeze". Sure enough the freeze was still on my account and when I asked what company was responsible he quickly gave me the response, "it's usually Equifax.

Equifax for sure." So I told him I would call back after I spoke with Equifax. Just like the previous DTV salesperson he wanted to be left on hold while I conferenced called them. I hung up and called Equifax number I gave him (which was a different number than what my bank gave me previously). When I reached Equifax one of her first questions for me was "what business am I in contact with?" Now I found this very odd since I hadn't told her anything yet.

I explained my circumstance and she assured me that there was no freeze. Confusingly I asked why it would say otherwise. She had no idea and told me to tell DTV to "refresh their screen and it should go away." Also odd. I called DTV back and they now see that I've called them a few times today (all different numbers.

How many phone numbers does DTV have to order their product??) This time I hung up and this salesperson tried calling me ~7 times. I tried a different phone number and reached another salesperson and she obviously wanted to rush me to purchase most likely for my history of hanging up and calling back. BUT when she pulled the "your credit has a security/credit freeze but we can go ahead and process it for a small fee" I told her I've called Equifax and they have no record of it. I was incorrectly "muted" where I could hear her and her supervisor communicating in their native language with credit freeze thrown in.

She thinks she unmutes herself and says "Wow! Miss ____! Good news! We can verify using your name and address instead." I told her I didn't want to go through with it and changed my mind.

I gladly talked to her supervisor who explained to me in badly translated english what the freeze meant. These words used would likely be paired with the subject matter but the sentences did not make sense at all. The only way I can explain it is with an example: A delirious man of power in the US office trying to form sentences. It was crazy-making.

Ultimately I feel like DirecTV and whatever branch/company is scamming people into an extra unneeded fee.Has anyone else had this happen to them??

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments