2.5
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I contacted direct tv customer service at appro0ximately 7:30pm PST on the 12th of May 2019. I was unable to login to my account and had also asked why my bill was no longer being automatically deducted from my account by AT & T. I was told it was a system "purge" and the agent had no idea why I wasn't notified prior to the Nasty letters started arriving. Apparently, I had reached an office that was completely clueless. They were polite, but had no answers. Finally, I was transferred to the "Technical Services" department. To solve "MY" problem as to why I could not login to my Direct TV Account I was informed I "MUST DELETE ALL MY HISTORY" which includes ALL my saved passwords. I Asked 4 times are you sure, absolutely sure I have to do this because I don't want to loose all of that saved information. I was told YES BECAUSE IT'S MY COMPUTER THAT'S CAUSING "MY" PROBLEM AND "We" HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED OUT. I very reluctantly complied since it was "MY" problem. This took about 10 minutes during which time I was disconnected. I thought that, since I'd given the last agent I was talking with my phone number THREE TIMES they would call back. NO ONE CALLED BACK!!!! After 25 minutes I called back and I was angry. I must have been routed to people from Earth this time because it took the first Agent less than a minute to determine I was "Locked" out of my account and there was no need for me to loose ALL OF MY SAVED DATA BECAUSE IT WAS NOT "MY" PROBLEM! The agent could probably tell I was angry, but she was extremely courteous and explained this happened often. She provided a phone number for me to call and get my account "unblocked." I might add since I was speaking to someone that seemed to know what to do AND did more than just say "I'm sorry Sir," I was calming down.

The last agent I spoke to got the whole story, and was smart enough to listen. That also helped calm me down. Her name is the only name I recall and it was "Sam." She helped me get into my account and by being so courteous made me decide NOT to cancel my account. You will please note I paid off my account balance and will take over paying the monthly bill since AT & T Failed.

I've been a customer for well over TEN YEARS. In that time I've never been treated as poorly as I was this evening. If I'd only given him my phone number one time I could forgive him loosing it, BUT I GAVE IT TO HIM THREE DIFFERENT TIMES AND WAITEDV 25 MINUTES FOR A CALL BACK.

I hope this never happens again. This is the second time I've received "noteworthy" bad treatment from Direct TV. I've tried to be a reliable customer paying in a timely manner and recommending Direct TV to friends. Since I received no warning AT & T was neglecting their contractual obligation to make my payment for me my payment was late. Although I do not feel it was my "fault" the payment was late I PAID the late fees and apologize for the late payment. The Employees I spoke with the first time could learn a lot from the employee's I spoke with the second time. Sam was particularly awesome. Some times listening, hearing "all" the words being spoken can make a big difference in the outcome of any situation. Pay attention before the bus runs you over!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Directv Cons: Initial customer service.

Comments