3.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

We recently moved to a new house. It took 5 appointments with DTV to actually get things going again.

Appointment #1: We wait through the 4 hour window only to discover that the local installer rescheduled us because they were too busy. No call, no notice... we had to call to learn this. Of course, we weren't available in the new window.

Appointment #2: Guy shows up, doesn't have the equipment that DTV told us he'd have (a new receiver). Installation couldn't complete since we didn't have the current receiver at that location (note: DTV told us we'd get a new one and there was no need to bring the old one). Appointment #3: Guys show up 30 minutes after the end of the installation window. First, they indicate that they don't have all the hardware (wireless remote units).

We say, fine just install the main receiver. They refuse stating that they can't modify the work order. They then add that they don't have a ladder tall enough for our 2 story house (seems like it'd be a required option). My wife called DTV and the rep indicated that they could have called in to modify the work order.

Didn't want to work? She was on the phone with the rep for a long time explaining this complete story. He assured her that someone senior in the service org would contact her (that was over a week ago and no call) Appointment #4: Another no show and reschedule with no notification. I call and speak with a supervisor.

I tell them they need to call the local installer and have someone there that day or I'd cancel (how many days of work and weekend days do they expect me to burn?). He indicated that wasn't possible and if we canceled we'd have to pay the termination fee since we have a contract. I pointed out that was insane since they couldn't complete the contract. Net result, decided to discuss with my wife.

Appointment #5: Someone showed up on time, installed the dish and it all works. I love the programming/features offered by DTV.

I've been a customer for over 10 years. I can't believe how hard they are working to drive away customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Relocation Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Directv Cons: Customer service.

• Directtv Incompetence