Directv - Faulty Installation of equipment/Poor Customer Service/Dishonesty/Ground Not Connected Causing Damage To My Equipment/Damage Claim Denied
Directv account number:76802935Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time was July 2012 and the 2nd time was within the past month. With that being said ,each time the same problem occurred, and the same damages have occurred to my equipment... I had to pay for the repair last year and now I have the same problem all over again... This is what occurred, The LMB on directv's satellite dish was blown out, along with directv's receiver, my A.V.R. and TV were also damaged due to directv not having their equipment installed in a manner to prevent such instances from occurring. It appears that a current is being transmitted throughout the satellite cabling ,through the satellite dish receiver ,through the HDMI connections to my A.V.R. and HDMI connections on my TV resulting in the HDMI boards/main boards being blown out in my equipment.
David Lester a supervisor with Directv came by My Home on 6/26/2013 and assessed damages and confirmed that the initial install of the Directv equipment was installed incorrectly...He stated that the Dish was not grounded properly because it was not grounded to the house ground, in fact it was on the opposite end of the house from the home electrical ground! Therefore I want to be reimbursed for all Damages, My equipment repairs, Breaks in Service along with being reimbursed for all of the trouble that I've been put through due the improper installation of Directv's equipment... Directv has refused to take responsibility all along causing Mental and Emotional problems for myself along with the damages of my audio and video equipment (TV/AVR)! Mr. Lester stated right before leaving my house on 6/26/2013 that Directv would be out to relocate the dish to the proper location at the opposite end of the house, connect it to the house ground, along with my equipment being repaired promptly! With that being said ,I receive an email 6 days later from claims, stating that my claim had been denied! Mr. Lester had stated that my dogs had something to do with this matter, when my dogs stay in the house , they're house dogs. They sleep in crates and are right by our sides, My wife and I the majority of the time. My dogs have nothing to do with the dish being installed in the wrong location, not to speak of the improper grounding location! The ground wire was not attached to the ground properly from the beginning, not to speak of it not being connected the the rod properly...This is un-believable! I can't believe that Directv has a dishonest and impolite individual such as David Lester working for their company, let alone being in a supervisory position. Mr. Lester was very impolite when I called him to discuss matters regarding my claim on 7/2/2013, he hung the phone up on me. That's bad business! I don't appreciate the way that I've been treated by Directv's personal ! Directv also cuts corners every chance they get during installs. This is a perfect example as to what I'm speaking of. Directv used pre-existing hardware/cables that Dish Network installed 13 years ago in and around my house.
I will be filing a law suit if this matter is not handled expiditiously!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Directv Dish
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I wrote to them about the increase in my rate during my contract time, and was told that a $20 per month charge would be applied for every month that..."
- "Direct TV will not let you go before taking the last shot. I was a loyal customer for at least seven years and decided to go a different route...."
- "Directv / at and t combo...this was my installation ...damaged 2 walls and my ceiling and then told me if I cancelled my contract I would have to pay an..."
- "The company Hole in One Clearing House Dennis Chase owner continues to slander and slag others in their industry in order to deflect from their own inefficiencies which include ripping..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher,..."
- "Having read the various comments below and realising that my experience is typical not unusual, I wonder why this company hasn't been sanctioned or actioned against. Perhaps a class action..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "This Has Got To Be The Worst Ray Charles Station/West Adams 90016 Post Office Around! Regarding: USPS Tracking # 23151470000041624468 Around Saturday, November 26, 2016, I received another Pink Slip..."