Denver, Colorado
1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Aug 14, 2016

So after like an hour and 10 minutes, Jen says she is referring me to a retention specialist. His name is James and is from West Virginia.

I mention that because he derives a raise! He refunds the erroneous charge and gave me a discount for the neck 12 months. Monetary not "free" movie channels! Omg this guy totally understood and remedies it right away.

He is what customer service is about. Love James!

Side note: there weren't any managers or supervisors even in the office!! So Jen WAS having me hold in the holes I'd give up and pay the scam charge.

So God forbid there's a next time, I'm asking for a retention specialist. They get it done, they care, they rock.

I'm so emotionally spent right now. Lol

Original review posted by user Aug 14, 2016

I got offered 1 month free HBO and Showtime as a consolation for a problem I had with them. Told him I didn't watch those and he said "well you get a month free at least".

So I'm like ok. So I get my bill with an extra $31. I call and they said it's for the movie channels and that I agreed to cancel after 3 months?! What?!

Never brought up to follow up to cancel, I never agreed and would never agree to that. Jen says it's staying, supposedly manager said its staying. Been on hold for 54 minutes waiting for this manager to come on the line. I know this is a lie as well.

They hope you will hang up and just pay. So while on hold I filed a complaint with the FTC.

Then I search around and see FTC has tons of the same complaint! I plan on fighting this until I get a refund.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service Free Trial.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Directv Pros: Bravo.