3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Word to the wise: Your a very important person when you are a 10 year customer on auto-pay @ $235/mo, but don't think you can escape their grasp if you want to disconnect ! I was very happy with the service since 2007, telling all my friends and family how wonderful DirecTV was and that they should consider switching providers.

Even my neighbor switched from Time Warner after my suggestion. Come to find out later they were giving $100 credits for this same action throughout this period without notifying me of this nice little perk! When I contacted them about the sales I initiated, they said the policy was that the new customer had to give the installation representative my account number before the installation was scheduled. Too bad for me I was selling their service for free.

Now for the real negative rant ! I recently had some billing issues with DirecTV. Since the AT&T purchase they decided to stop accepting the payment option through Verizon One-Bill. I found out a few months later that my bill was not being paid by Verizon, which whom I had been still paying, and was suddenly in default with late charges and fees escalating.

A few phone calls later (6-7) I had the ability to speak with a 2nd tier Supervisor, Rachael (whose last name was not provided) who would not accept the idea that I wanted to part ways with DirecTV over this billing debacle. I was not going to continue a relationship with a company whose first instinct is to presume a customer is in default by their own volition. I finally coerced this supervisor to disconnect my services, as I already had a next day appointment with their competitor. Needless to say the disconnect order was not placed that evening, or the next day or even the next 2 weeks.

I had all the equipment disconnected and replaced with the competitor when I get a bill from DirecTV for 3 months + service owed. I call customer service to explain their confusion, I'm told there was no disconnect order on the account and I would be responsible to pay for the next full month of service plus fees and late charges. That was the last straw, this has been going on for a month now back and forth with supervisors and billing department. They refuse to credit the overcharges or the late fees, they disconnect you during difficult phone calls, their complete disregard of professionalism and rationality.

What a repulsive business model to extort customers for fraudulent billing charges. Then to top off everything the customer service representative explains to me that if I don't pay this inflated bill in full within 30 days they will just take it from my credit card on account. Unbelievable, I spend $27000.00 with this company over almost 10 years and this is the treatment I get ?

Be warned, do business with a snake and you will eventually get bit, and this one is poisonous! I will post this everywhere I can, lets hope enough people see it to affect their earnings.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Directv Pros: Services, Use and control.

Directv Cons: Billing proceedures.

Comments

Thanks for the info. I have seriously considered getting DirectTV. Now, thanks to you, I will not!

@anonymous

I will never go back to directv. I have had nothing but issues with them.

I have been with them for years and then I moved and I had to wait almost a month for them to get an installer out, only for them to be here not even two seconds to tell me they can't install my equipment because there's a small tree out front and it's in their line of site and that my roof was too high for their ladder!!! I have spent the last three months trying to get them to stop charging my debit card as I do not have service! They cancelled my service cuz THEY can't install, not my fault!!! they said they would not reimburse any of the 900$ plus the disconnect fee which I was told, its their fault and didn't have to pay, then I'm charged another 245 for non return of equiptment!

I sent that cap back the day they sent me the return box so wtf really! Not to mention I have wasted hours on end trying to get someone to help me and they transfered me 5,6 10 times in one call, just to tell the next *** what my problem was, and half the time they hang up. I called every friday and sat for 4 weeks in a row! Mind u how frustrating it is to get charged for services they won't provide and I'm still completely calm yet firm with them and still do nothing and I get the run around, put on hold, hung up on, or some foreign person I truly can not understand, no one has answers and somehow there is never a manager there to help.

(Which is extremely hard to believe with how many customers they have and all their complaints they accumulate) In the end I had to call my bank to dispute the charges so finally after they screwed me almost 1,000 dollars for nothing they decide to send me an 80$ prepaid card and you can't even get cash off it you have to use it to purchase some thing. Im a single working mother of 3small children i dont have extra cash laying around for a company to steal off my bank card! Directv is terrible!!!horrible!!!! I've come to find that more people have had to deal with their *** as well, like is it that hard for a multimillion dollar company to get their *** together!?

It's completely clear why directv is rated number one on this site for most pissed off consumer!!! DO NOT GO THROUGH DIRECTV unless u want to risk being scammed out of your money!!!!!