Directv - Full Time College Student at Eligible School-Still No Discount
Well, I just got off the phone with DirecTV after spending about 4 hours in total this week trying to secure the NFL Sunday Ticket in any way possible. I'm currently a uVerse subscriber and I thought, with the merger and all, now would be a great time to switch. Nope.
So the first thing I tried to do was get their satellite service. I picked out a package over the phone and scheduled an appointment. This morning they came out and said that, due to an obstruction by my apartment building, I wouldn't be able to get reception. Disappointing, but a reality DirecTV can't control.
But I really want this Sunday Ticket, right? So I start looking at the options to stream it over my Xbox One. I can't afford to buy the package outright (as I'm still tied to my uVerse account for the aforementioned reasons), but I see an option for a Student Discount that offers the streaming service for only 24.99/month! What a great deal! I try to sign up for it online, but when I click on the link, it keeps sending me to the regular package offers. So I call DirecTV for the second time (I am already two hours invested after my original, fruitless call).
One hour and three transfers later, I'm on my fourth customer representative and she finally has some knowledge of what I'm talking about. She gets me to the sight where I need to be, but when I try to verify my enrollment, the online system kicks it back. It says it needs documentation, like a student ID. So, determined as I am, I take a photo of my student ID and upload it to the system. I get an e-mail almost immediately saying the information I entered and the photo I uploaded do not match. Hogwash! They matched verbatim.
To their credit, all of the representatives I spoke to were legitimately trying to help me the best that they could. Unfortunately, they have no access to or even awareness of the functionality of the Sheer ID system they use to verify student enrollment. I get put on hold once again, and she goes to figure out how the *** to secure a new customer. They cannot apply the discount themselves, they cannot verify my enrollment themselves, and they cannot troubleshoot what's wrong with the system or transfer me to anyone who can. After about an hour and a half, she asks me, "do you live on campus?" I informed her that although I'm a full time student, I do not live on campus. "Oh, well you have to live on campus to be eligible for the offer." I was calm with her, because she was very nice, but I challenge you to find anywhere in their marketing of that promotion the stipulation that you have to live on campus. I am a FULL TIME student at an ELIGIBLE FOUR YEAR University, and I am not eligible for their student discount THAT DOESN'T WORK, AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO APPLY ANYWAY.
She asked me if I'd like to continue for the regular package price of 65/month. Absolutely not! I would have continually renewed the service at full price AFTER I got out of school, and I would still love to have the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I am officially done with DirecTV. They wasted, between time stuck on the phone, waiting for the installation guy to show up, and his actual process of determining it would not work, about 5 hours of my precious time, and I received NOTHING but frustration in return. And I was pleasant and friendly throughout the process.
I'm done with DirecTV. If you're also a student trying to utilize this discount, good luck.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Directv Nfl Sunday Ticket Sports Package
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I signed a 24 month contract for Direct TV at a quoted price of 96.91 a month. The bill came in at 205.77. I have called many times..."
- "For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service. Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor..."
- "The "Tech" showed up at 8am and finally left at 7 pm with wires still all over the outside of my house as well as damage to the siding on..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."
- "I puchased Oakley Capacitor frames from lenscrafters at 3107 S. Ih-35 Suite 780 Round Rock, Texas 78664. After owning my frames, one of the screws fell off. I..."
- "All I wanted is to buy a shoe, which cost 60 dollars, the representative said i gt 20 dollar discount for the card. I fell for it, today I REGRET that..."