Directv - Full Time College Student at Eligible School-Still No Discount
Well, I just got off the phone with DirecTV after spending about 4 hours in total this week trying to secure the NFL Sunday Ticket in any way possible. I'm currently a uVerse subscriber and I thought, with the merger and all, now would be a great time to switch. Nope.
So the first thing I tried to do was get their satellite service. I picked out a package over the phone and scheduled an appointment. This morning they came out and said that, due to an obstruction by my apartment building, I wouldn't be able to get reception. Disappointing, but a reality DirecTV can't control.
But I really want this Sunday Ticket, right? So I start looking at the options to stream it over my Xbox One. I can't afford to buy the package outright (as I'm still tied to my uVerse account for the aforementioned reasons), but I see an option for a Student Discount that offers the streaming service for only 24.99/month! What a great deal! I try to sign up for it online, but when I click on the link, it keeps sending me to the regular package offers. So I call DirecTV for the second time (I am already two hours invested after my original, fruitless call).
One hour and three transfers later, I'm on my fourth customer representative and she finally has some knowledge of what I'm talking about. She gets me to the sight where I need to be, but when I try to verify my enrollment, the online system kicks it back. It says it needs documentation, like a student ID. So, determined as I am, I take a photo of my student ID and upload it to the system. I get an e-mail almost immediately saying the information I entered and the photo I uploaded do not match. Hogwash! They matched verbatim.
To their credit, all of the representatives I spoke to were legitimately trying to help me the best that they could. Unfortunately, they have no access to or even awareness of the functionality of the Sheer ID system they use to verify student enrollment. I get put on hold once again, and she goes to figure out how the *** to secure a new customer. They cannot apply the discount themselves, they cannot verify my enrollment themselves, and they cannot troubleshoot what's wrong with the system or transfer me to anyone who can. After about an hour and a half, she asks me, "do you live on campus?" I informed her that although I'm a full time student, I do not live on campus. "Oh, well you have to live on campus to be eligible for the offer." I was calm with her, because she was very nice, but I challenge you to find anywhere in their marketing of that promotion the stipulation that you have to live on campus. I am a FULL TIME student at an ELIGIBLE FOUR YEAR University, and I am not eligible for their student discount THAT DOESN'T WORK, AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO APPLY ANYWAY.
She asked me if I'd like to continue for the regular package price of 65/month. Absolutely not! I would have continually renewed the service at full price AFTER I got out of school, and I would still love to have the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I am officially done with DirecTV. They wasted, between time stuck on the phone, waiting for the installation guy to show up, and his actual process of determining it would not work, about 5 hours of my precious time, and I received NOTHING but frustration in return. And I was pleasant and friendly throughout the process.
I'm done with DirecTV. If you're also a student trying to utilize this discount, good luck.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Directv Nfl Sunday Ticket Sports Package
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Direct TV. I've attached a picture of the offer I was given and signed up for. My bill is not 89.99 or even close. It's $224 a month. I've contacted..."
- "Favor friends and family please share! Do NOT order DirectTV or ATT or whatever they call themselves when they pass you from agent to agent, doing everything but..."
- "My bill went from $ 107.81 to $152.81. I work 2 full time jobs and I Volunteer every Saturday, so I do not have a lot of time to watch..."
- "Very disappointed with our Coast Spa and the service provided to keep it running....Motor #2 was not functioning, so I called the dealer for servicing and was told that it..."
- "Original complaint can be found at http://document.li/o9eQ/ Excerpt from suit: INTRODUCTION 1. Armando Montelongo (“Montelongo”) and his companies and allies have made hundreds of millions of dollars selling real estate education programs..."
- "On April 7th, 2016, I, Sara Torres, attempted to open an account with a 3rd Party Financial Institution with an opening account balance from a Cash Advance off the Netspend..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."