Los Angeles, California

I am on my 3rd Genie box, and it still exhibits the same software bug! Shows record, the List tells you they are there for the right length of time, yet when you go play them, it goes straight to the option to keep or delete. I exchanged 2 units with this failures in the hard drive hoping they would try to solve it. Mind you these were the first generation Genie, so when I got the second generation, I hoped that this bug would be a thing of the past. Yet, it surfaced on this new unit as well.

Sadly, they do not have a way of storing your series Manager, so every time you get a new Genie you have to reprogram all your shows & if they are on hiatus, you miss out!

I cannot believe that they do not hear customer complaints!

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Manager.

Comments

Same issue here. It's disappointing to see a known issue but no resolutions, just a personal attack.

I have had an HR34 for over 2 years now and never had a problem.

I believe you are the problem and not the genie.

mangalito
@Customer Support

There's no reason to attack me personally. I finally got the video showing the behavior uploaded to youtube, see thread.

Perhaps you are lucky, or perhaps you do not use it as much as I do, I travel 4-6 weeks at a time & record 100-150 hrs each time. So something that happens on 3 different Genies, 2 of them the oldre model & now one on the newer is not user caused. Being a software engineer, I suspect that there's a corruption of the pointers in the directory entries.

Ergo, the first time I did not do anything, but the second time, I left 5 failed shows on the device & wrote a detailed note, taped it to it and asked that it be sent to be autopsied. By the way I fail to understand your logic in believing that anything a user does could cause the product to misbehave, short of unplugging it mid program, in which case well written software would flag the show as partially recorded.