I called DTV customer to voice my concern with regards to taking ch65 off the programming lineup in my local area zip code 23836. The customer service rep advises me that he was aware of the situation and apologized for them not being able to come to a resolution with the station.

The customer service rep offered to UPGRADE my equipment to the new Genie2(HR17) as well as reduce my bill for the next 6 months as compensation for the inconvenience. I accepted his offer a free upgrade is a free upgrade, right? Let me start off by saying I have had nothing but problems with the Genie2, I wish I had stayed with my HR44. I am experiencing latency between changing channels, never had that with the HR44.

I can’t connect my mobile app to the Genie2, whenever I do I get an error that states I need to have a HR44 or higher for this capability, isn't the Genie2 an upgrade? Thirdly while watching various programs I’m experiencing freezing frames. I have called DTV's customer service explaining my issues and they sent out a technician in an attempt to resolve the problems. The first thing the technician says is these are none issues by DTV why do they keep sending out techs.

This is a bunch of BS, why did DTV push out equipment that doesn’t work, or provides reduced capability than what paying customers may have had before. THIS IS FOUL DTV

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Hr17 Audio-Video Receiver.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Directv reviews