Let me start off by saying I was a customer with Direct TV for 18 years and customer service was great up until the last 2 years of service. I decided to cancel my services with Direct TV account #12586277 and internet on December 30th, 2018.

I called Direct TV and spoke with a representative who turned me over to the Loyalties department to try and get me to stay with Direct TV. I said no thank you and the gentlemen say you are paid in full, since I just had made a payment of $250.00 on 12/28/2019, you just need to turn your equipment in by the 9th of January, 2019. I went to the UPS store on January 9th, 2019 turned in all of my Direct TV equipment, the reference #B4088P20190109111049, UPS Store #4088. The end of January I got a past due bill for $216.20.

I called Direct TV again, on nFebruary 11,2019 , they switched me again to the Loyalties department, the gentlemen assurred me that my account was cancelled , but I did have a balance on my internet of $16.80. I paid the 16.80 on February 11, 2019, in which the gentlemen told me everything should be good. The end of February I get home, I have another past due bill, I called Divect TV again, on February 19, 2019, and spoke with a gentlemen named Chris. Chris informed me that the Loyalties department never cancelled my Direct TV account, however that he would take care of it that day.

He sent me an email to confirm the disconnect. I received another bill in the mail on March 5th, 2019, this time for $417.00. How incompetent is the service with Direct TV. How, can , or the better question is, why, should I pay for a service that I did not receive.

I called Direct TV again on March 5, 2019, I spoke with a young lady named Mat. She asked me to verify my last payment because she didnt see a payment after January 2017. Really!!! Do you think Direct TV would let me keep service for a whole year without payment!!!

I don't think so. I asked to speak to a manager, she put me on hold, came back, and said, "the managers are not taking any more calls tonight." Okay, no problem, I asked could they return my call, she replied, "no problem, within 24 hours." Two days later I have yet to here from a manager at Direct TV. I value my credit worthiness, all I want from Direct TV, is to stop billing me, because I do not owe a balance with Direct TV.

I have spent count less hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue. Frustrated Customer

Sherrill Craig.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Reason of review: Direct TV will not cancel my service.

Preferred solution: Stop billing me for a service that was vacated in Dec 2018.

Directv Pros: Service up until 2017.

Directv Cons: Customer service.

Comments