We set up an appointment last week to upgrade our service and install new 4K box. Our window was 8-12 so I took time off to wait.

At noon i receive a call from technician casually stating they didn't have the box available and they'd come back next week. No regards for people's time or apology offered. For some reason I agreed to reschedule for today. Same time frame today and at 11:15 I get a phone call from tech saying "he had to go look for a 4K box as he didn't have any in his truck".

Later he called back saying I don't have a box and maybe later this week. How appalling these miscreants for 1. setting up an appointment without having the product they promised 2. Giving absolute ZERO regards for people's time 3.

Offered ZERO apologies or solutions. Not only that the tech seemed bothered when I expressed my frustrations to him saying it wasn't his problem as he was "Just the tech". Soooo DONE with DirecTv. Never again - switching to ANYONE other than this outfit.

Horrific!! Stay away and beware!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Customer Care.

Comments

Correct - time to vote with your wallet. There are many alternatives available.

This would have only been the beginning.

Can you imagine service calls , equipment "upgrades", outages, etc etc and then being compelled to PAY for the privilege every 30 days ?

Analyze carefully what it is that you want from your TV system and act accordingly. Do not be pressured into services and/or features you neither need nor desire.

That bill adds up in a hurry.