Verified Reviewer

NO SERVICE 5 days. We got a tech to come to our house.

Shortly after Tech left, TV picture went out again. My husband went to the attic, and found that a wire to the TV was cut. Tech cut the wire to the TV. We called the tech numerous times.

He never returned calls. We continue to call DirecTV repeatedly and reach reps whose 1st language is NOT English. We get dragged through the 20 question repair routine way too many times, The thick accent makes it cumbersome. Nothing's wrong with having an accent, but if I say I don't understand, and then the other party becomes irritated with me, either hangs up, or forwards me to someone else without a clue, or worse forwards me to a dial tone that disconnects, then I call that poor service.

It's been said that Directv pays their contractors very, very little. Well, I certainly can believe that! Guess it's time to stop service. I'm almost too worn out to call them, even for cutoff.

GGGEEEZZZZzz, so many of us (me included) keep paying for Directv's unreliable service? Personally I'm Finfftired of BS. What a raggedy business model for a company to have.

like what a reader said about calling to cancel the service. That sounds like a winner!

User's recommendation: DONT subscribe to Directv! Horrible support service. Rather closer to NONE!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

#1962335

So the Tv worked after they left. Then shortly stopped after a little bit of time.

That is not how cutting things work. Cutting a cable completely stops it from working. Probably there was an older cable that gets cut for a reason by the installer. IT would not work at all.

If the cut was very rough you could have a animal problem. If you can't fix it yourself you probably don't know enough to make a judgement on something like that. You are not stupid, but ignorant. When something is cut it stops working it doesn't take minutes for it to not work.

If it worked when he left it worked then it stopped. Getting in touch with Direct TV is a valid complaint.

You never call techs directly they are told not to answer customer calls other than to check if someone is home. You missed their call then call them back.

DIRECTV Reviews