Directv - Horrible coverage and service!!!

87 of 7594 Directv reviews

I've watched every Super Bowl since 1967.This SB was the only one to go into overtime but because of direct tv, we couldn't watch the last 3 1/2 minutes of the game and nothing in overtime!!!

I am livid!!! and when I called, of course I was put on hold. I have had good service for quite some time but the last time I called in with a problem, the customer service agent didn't even care what the problem was; he was just interested in selling me a maintenance package, which I did not purchase. I understand that this complaint about the Super Bowl is "making the rounds" on Facebook so DTV can expect a lot more complaints and cancellations.

Personally, I've been thinking about switching to cable for some time now so this may be the time.I'm writing this as I am waiting for a customer service agent to answer my call.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Review category
Telecommunications
review #1003306

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Directv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
87 of 7594 Directv reviews

1 day ago #1292778

I switched to dish really happy now I had my family and friends switch also they are so glad they did alot better service more reliable to

0 0 Reply
KjaBlue

Feb 09 #1284121

I've been a Dish Network customer for over a decade. I watched the entire Super Bowl without a glitch and I pay way less for my package than Direct TV charges.
We recently updated all the TV's in our house (4 of them) and rather than try to program them *** nilly, I just called Dish, was on hold less than 5 minutes and a nice lady helped me program every one of them. I explained to her that I was calling rather than trying to do it online because my Dish Equipment was old enough that it was no longer pictured on the website so I was unsure how to proceed. She offered to send me all new equipment FREE of charge. Years ago when I used to have Direct TV, they wanted 50 dollars per remote control to replace one's that quit working. That's why I dropped Direct TV. I'm not going to pay for stuff they give away for free to new customers and especially since at that time I'd been a loyal Direct TV customer for YEARS.
Anyway, I don't know about cable because it's not available in the rural area where I live but I sure like Dish.

1 0 Reply
DeeJay

Feb 15 #1288443

They actually hid the word w i l l y ? LOL!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.