2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

DirecTV is fair to it's current customers and wonderful to the potential customers (when they are trying to make a sale). However, when you have to cancel their service for whatever the reason, the Customer Service representatives are nasty, rude, and plain old disrespectful.

I called DirecTV to cancelled my service, and before I could complete a sentence their representative was cutting me off, and asking questions, to include "What can't you afford it?" followed by "Your cancelation fee is really high, I am sure you can't afford that either." Needless to say I lost my temper and used some colorful language and asked for a Supervisor. To make a long story short, i signed up with DirecTV because we are a military family, and move often, I was assured by the representative that sold me the service, that Military Service Members with PCS orders do not pay a cancelation fee. Apparently that is a LIE! DirecTV said that to me (on a recorder conversation by me) and now because the PCS is within the US we have to pay a $20 per month left on the contract cancellation fee.

To further the insult the representative was blatantly lying to me, stating i had 23 months left in my contract, when I only had 11 months left, which I had to argue back and forth with the rep for 9 minutes, with not only my contract, but also the monthly statement which showed I only had 11 months left.

If you want to pay an Arm and a leg for TV channels you'll never use, and be disrespected and overcharged when you cancel, then DirecTV is for you. I wish i could give them negative stars.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Premier Tv Package.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments