3.5K views
1.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

DIRECTV has updated their software and changed their interface; it is HORRIBLE; I HATE IT!! Why in the world would they change from the old look?

The guide and words on info are too small and there is no way to change it!! Since AT&T took over, Directv has gone down the tube; instead of making the company better, it has gotten worst!!! Get it together AT&T/Directv or you all going to lose a LOT of Customers!!!

I have been a Directv customer since 2008 and it is getting worst; they need to put the old format back or make the wording larger so people can see!! This service cost too much money, to not be able to enjoy what you watching!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Guide.

Reason of review: Don't like Directv new interface.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: New software interface.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 11.

Comments

Its horrible! I cannot find my newest recordings.

Not user friendly at all. Awful interface.

Agree completely. And we cannot find listings.

They disappear, and eventually reappear. We have no idea why.

The DVR will also record programs that you request it to, but they will often not appear on the available program menu. You have to do a search for the particular show and then find that your DVR has actually recorded it.

Once you start watching an episode, that show may or may not reappear on the available program menu.

Since AT&T bought DirectTV, customer service and quality has gone down. I've been a customer since 1999 and I am cancelling it this week.

Used to love directv, been a customer for over 15 years. I thought I'd never say that I would switch but now, if it were not for NFL Sunday Ticket, I'd be gone. I HATE the new interface, IT SUCKS!!!

I agree! I especially hate how some shows I have recorded or some shows I started watching longer show in the “All Recordings” list.

Hate the new layout. Also, genie won’t let you hide programming from other boxes so the playlist management sucks. Look out dish, here I come!!!

It’s awful. And getting worse.

Every task is infinitely more difficult. Who was the test group. A bunch of people who want to press ten buttons to accomplish one task.

I need to change providers. Very disappointed

I hate the new whatever you call t. Can not find r3 order shows. Bad bad bad bad

I have been with Directv almost since its inception! If there was a way to start a class action suit against how they treat their customers I would join in!

They charge the customers way too much to treat the customers this way. The new interface is terrible! I will be looking at what I have recorded to DVR to make a selection, and 10 minutes later what was there won't be there any longer! The only way to get the programs to return is to reset the DVR, and we all know how long that takes!

And it seems I am having to do that almost every evening. If I delete something, the next time I use it they will be back! I see others are saying the text is too small, however I don't have that complaint because of a 60 inch screen but I certainly understand it. I am so close to cancelling my service because of all this!

All of these things started when AT&T took over Directv and it's gone downhill fast ever since. Because of this they should NOT be allowed to take over Time Warner!! Calling 1-800-Directv gets you nowhere. I was on the phone for over an hour before the agent said I'm not the only one complaining and there is NO fix in the near future!

They are essentially holding us hostage! I'm about done with AT&T / Directv

to Tom Allen #1554678

Let’s get a buzz going for class action. Like you I’m around here for 20 years gets worse everyday

I agree with this consumer. Is Direct TV trying to lose customers? Please return to old interface!!!

After be a DTV customer for 15 years, I witched to Dish last week. Love it

I agree! I can not stand that I have to srlect down to get a clunky menu tonthen het tonthe guide. Too confusing!

I also hate the new interface. Managing the DVR recordings has become a nightmare.

Why are the recordings not all one one list anymore? I have to hunt for my stuff and half the time I can’t find it. Oh, and some stuff is being randomly deleted. Had 11 seasons of MASH recorded.

We now have parts of the first 5 seasons. And no one manually deleted anything. The DVR wasn’t full either.

This is a pain in the *** What moron thought this was a good idea? When our contract is up we’re dropping this *** service like a hot potato.

to Davis #1528071

Agree. Hate it

to Davis #1529556

I agree with all that you are saying and have had similar complaints. You may want to try resetting the DVR and see if that helps.

It did help me, but I know it's a pain. Just open the little door and press the small red button. If you cannot find the button, disconnect the DVR power cord wait a few seconds and plug it back in.

It will think there was a power failure and reset itself! Hope this helps!

I have been a customer for several years and I agree that the "new" directv interface is much worse than the old one. In additional to being hard to read, the basic functions like managing recordings and series is harder to use than the old version! I'm thinking about checking our DISH to see if they have a better interface.

It took about 1 minute for me to realize that this "upgrade" was a disaster. Really hard to believe that someone actually approved this change.

In the absence of a quick fix, I'll reluctantly have to leave.

I've been a customer for 20+ years. I just can't get past all the glitches and interface failures.

I will be leaving Directv in the fall when I have more time to spend watching. For now I am too busy to be bothered.

The remote is slow to work with the update and the horrible DVR revamp jumps around when trying to make selections. No use bothering to have them fix it. The last time I called they said they charge to fix their own equipment. My parents actually paid the rediculious initial fee as well as the monthly charge to have free service repairs.

They have had service repairs so often and still the system only works half the time. They have 6 TVs and I don’t think directv is capable of providing service to more than 2 TVs per house.

Either way I am done and look forward to moving on as I was shocked to see their DVR limits me to 100 auto recordings in the series manager. So I have had to except a lesser service for too long and now the poorly performing update makes the choice to leave even easier.

This new interface is horrible. The screen text is too small, menus offer too many choices and ways to accomplish basic tasks, is illogical in the ways to find what you want to do and too many other negative details to outline.

Was this tested and run by users to determine whether or not it would be desirable?

The monthly amount charged for this service is not equivalent to the benefits offered. I don't really like cable, but at least Comcast provides a useable interface.