2.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

This is the first complaint I have ever put on the Internet!!

I spent 3.5 hours in the phone and did not get anything resolved. It ended with a representative wanting to transfer me back to the technical support department (for the 4th time)

No one seemed to know the answer and there was a lot of contradictory information. The initial call should have been short. I called and requested 2 things.

1. Credit for the past few months of the DVR not working correctly.

2. Clarification as to if it was still a “bug they were working on” which is what internet research showed was the case and we were previously told by technical support. If so, when do they estimate they would have it fixed.

Below are the number of people I spoke to.

1. Initial call (was given another number)

2. Called the other number (I was assured it could be fixed and was not a universal issue transferred me to technical support)

3. 1st technical support (after an extensive conversation, it was determined I had the “new stuff” and they transferred me to another technical support department

4. On hold for an hour (after he assured me it was “less than a 5 minute wait” with the representative from the first technical support checking periodically on me. They eventually hung up and did not return my phone call.

5. Called back and spoke to another representative.

6. Transferred me to technical support where I was told it was a bug they were working on abs could not fix it. (After 2 hours and an initial call NOT Asking for it to be fixed.)

7. Transferred me to another department after another 30 minutes I spoke to someone regarding my dissatisfaction of by then spending 2.5 hours on something that could not be fixed.

8. Transferred me to supervisor who transferred me to another department.

9. Told me he would credit me $10.00 for my time (3 hours by now!!!!) and then wanted to schedule a technition to come out and wanted to transfer me BACK to technical support for the FOURTH TIME. At that point I requested the calls be reviewed by a supervisor and have them call me back with a solution. He told me that was not possible and I could write a letter to complaints department and they “might get back to me”. I then asked to be transferred to cancelation. After being on hold another long period of time I was told “they couldn’t hear me and we were disconnected. (Not sure how after 3.5 hours worth of talking on the same phone to the same company. I had requested a call back in the event of a disconnection. It’s been an hour and still no call back.)

It is unacceptable incompetence! I will be writing a letter to the complaints department and hope they get back with me.

I have been with Direct TV for 15 years and have never been so disappointed!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Technical Support.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 01.

Comments

Constant Billings issues talk to numerous people put on hold and issue never resolved. Direct TV scams customers in promotions.

Cancelled service today seeking new vendor. Absolutely horrible company to deal with.

RoomyRedPanda887

File a complaint with the FCC. That's the only way DirecTV takes this seriously.

This DVR issue has been going on for months, and I went through the same process you did until I filed an official FCC complaint online. Then I got a call from the president's office and they worked with me on a 12 month discount and said the issue was "scheduled" to be fixed at the end of December. When they call you, don't take their first offer either. Be courteous and ask if they can do a little better, and they will.

You will still need to deal with the annoyance of a semi-broken DVR for another month or so, but at least it becomes a little more tolerable if you're not paying full price for it. Good luck.

Every time I call them which is usually once a month due to billing issues, it’s always atleast an hour long, including getting transferred to numerous people. It’s very difficult to receive good customer service. I’ve had it with them.

They will not call you back!! {{Redacted}}