This is the first complaint I have ever put on the Internet!!
I spent 3.5 hours in the phone and did not get anything resolved. It ended with a representative wanting to transfer me back to the technical support department (for the 4th time)
No one seemed to know the answer and there was a lot of contradictory information. The initial call should have been short. I called and requested 2 things.
1. Credit for the past few months of the DVR not working correctly.
2. Clarification as to if it was still a “bug they were working on” which is what internet research showed was the case and we were previously told by technical support. If so, when do they estimate they would have it fixed.
Below are the number of people I spoke to.
1. Initial call (was given another number)
2. Called the other number (I was assured it could be fixed and was not a universal issue transferred me to technical support)
3. 1st technical support (after an extensive conversation, it was determined I had the “new stuff” and they transferred me to another technical support department
4. On hold for an hour (after he assured me it was “less than a 5 minute wait” with the representative from the first technical support checking periodically on me. They eventually hung up and did not return my phone call.
5. Called back and spoke to another representative.
6. Transferred me to technical support where I was told it was a bug they were working on abs could not fix it. (After 2 hours and an initial call NOT Asking for it to be fixed.)
7. Transferred me to another department after another 30 minutes I spoke to someone regarding my dissatisfaction of by then spending 2.5 hours on something that could not be fixed.
8. Transferred me to supervisor who transferred me to another department.
9. Told me he would credit me $10.00 for my time (3 hours by now!!!!) and then wanted to schedule a technition to come out and wanted to transfer me BACK to technical support for the FOURTH TIME. At that point I requested the calls be reviewed by a supervisor and have them call me back with a solution. He told me that was not possible and I could write a letter to complaints department and they “might get back to me”. I then asked to be transferred to cancelation. After being on hold another long period of time I was told “they couldn’t hear me and we were disconnected. (Not sure how after 3.5 hours worth of talking on the same phone to the same company. I had requested a call back in the event of a disconnection. It’s been an hour and still no call back.)
It is unacceptable incompetence! I will be writing a letter to the complaints department and hope they get back with me.
I have been with Direct TV for 15 years and have never been so disappointed!
Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Technical Support.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.