Directv - Incorrect Final Bill and Lying to Customers
After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months of back and forth on the phone trying to resolve issues clearly showed that.
The supervisor in cancellations (Kevin), which was the second cancellations person I had to speak to just to get out of everything, was understanding and said he would credit all the charges off our bill and make it a $0 balance. However, as the final bill wouldn't arrive for 8 days, he would note the account just in case there was a miscalculation on his end, so that I could call in and have any balance removed. He gave me his employee ID and a rather large reference number to the note he wrote on the account.
I received the final bill and sure enough there was a $15.34 balance and DirecTV AUTO-CHARGED MY CARD FOR IT WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.
No worries, I figured I would call in, reference Kevin's employee ID and the note and they would refund the charges. After over an hour on the phone where 4 different people were involved, including two supervisors, DirecTV refused to do anything about the charges and kept trying to explain how they were valid. They refused to listen to anything I had to say and just kept repeating themselves over and over again.
Even though I had been a customer for many years, and even though numerous times over those years I had requested inter-office e-mail to be sent to an employee ID when an issue couldn't be resolved, I was told be everyone on the phone today that wasn't possible and they had no way to communicate or send a message to anyone. AN OUTRIGHT LIE!
The call was so ridiculous that the supervisor in customer retention hung up on me mid-sentence even though I had managed to keep a level-head. The funniest part? The supervisor from billing was conferenced in and was still on the line when the customer retention supervisor disconnected the call. She couldn't believe it either but had no power to do anything for me.
Stay far away from DirecTV. I'll admit that they have the best picture but their billing practices, faulty equipment, poor customer service, and false promises should make any consumer wary of doing business with them.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Satellite Cable Tv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They Have lied to Us and over billed us for Months. We had an install of an HD Reciever, They stood us up and never showed up! I took the..."
- "I have sat here and read all of these complaints and must say I think I have made my choice and am going to end my services. From day one..."
- "I move my DirecTV to my new home as well as my internet service, after ordering both service to be completed on the same day it did not happen they..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."