Directv - Incorrect Final Bill and Lying to Customers
After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months of back and forth on the phone trying to resolve issues clearly showed that.
The supervisor in cancellations (Kevin), which was the second cancellations person I had to speak to just to get out of everything, was understanding and said he would credit all the charges off our bill and make it a $0 balance. However, as the final bill wouldn't arrive for 8 days, he would note the account just in case there was a miscalculation on his end, so that I could call in and have any balance removed. He gave me his employee ID and a rather large reference number to the note he wrote on the account.
I received the final bill and sure enough there was a $15.34 balance and DirecTV AUTO-CHARGED MY CARD FOR IT WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.
No worries, I figured I would call in, reference Kevin's employee ID and the note and they would refund the charges. After over an hour on the phone where 4 different people were involved, including two supervisors, DirecTV refused to do anything about the charges and kept trying to explain how they were valid. They refused to listen to anything I had to say and just kept repeating themselves over and over again.
Even though I had been a customer for many years, and even though numerous times over those years I had requested inter-office e-mail to be sent to an employee ID when an issue couldn't be resolved, I was told be everyone on the phone today that wasn't possible and they had no way to communicate or send a message to anyone. AN OUTRIGHT LIE!
The call was so ridiculous that the supervisor in customer retention hung up on me mid-sentence even though I had managed to keep a level-head. The funniest part? The supervisor from billing was conferenced in and was still on the line when the customer retention supervisor disconnected the call. She couldn't believe it either but had no power to do anything for me.
Stay far away from DirecTV. I'll admit that they have the best picture but their billing practices, faulty equipment, poor customer service, and false promises should make any consumer wary of doing business with them.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Satellite Cable Tv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Well, I just got off the phone with DirecTV after spending about 4 hours in total this week trying to secure the NFL Sunday Ticket in any way possible. I'm..."
- "I enjoy DirectTV services, no interruptions or cuts. I guess for some it works for others it doesn't. For the ones having issues try calling them constantly so they understand..."
- "We switched to DT from cable which we loved, so we could use our satellite in our motor home . When we called we explained to them exactly what we..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."